Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Deal Direct from Tonic Watercolor pencil tins

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a tutorial at a craft show on using alcohol pens (Spectrum Noir I think). One tip I learned was to put copier paper under whatever you are colouring. That wicks away excessive alcohol and stops the ink spreading across the paper. Found that a really helpful hint in keeping my colouring neater.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for the tips ladies. I have a vague feeling Rob Addams mentioned using copy paper under the main paper.

Funny you should say that Lioness as apparently watercolour is the most difficult medium to work with. Why that is I dunno, especially as 'himself' loves his watercolours. Mind you he does have expensive tastes, as in prefers to use Terry Harrison paint rather than any of the others on the market.

Many years ago he dabbled in oils, but got fed up of waiting for the things to dry. Which is the opposite of what happened when he tried acrylic paints. These days it is possible to buy quicker drying oils, and slower drying acrylic. I know the SAA sell both, but so far he hasn't been tempted.

I have tried acrylic paint as a watercolour medium in my time, having read how good it was, but wasn't impressed. Mind you they were only cheap ones as I bought them for something else. I was once given a 1/12th scale painting that was done in both acrylic and watercolour. I have quite a few 1/12th scale paintings that were received in birthday C******** exchanges. :)

All my Promarker's are as good as they were when I bought them. I often use them for colouring peel-off's. My Aquamarker's are still good to go as well. I reckon they and the crayons are my favourites when it comes to watercolour painting. Pans probably my least favourite, though I am not a total fan of pencils either.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do colouring in really although I do have some pens. I've had my set of Promarkers for years - must be at least 8 and they're metallic and just as good as new. I tend to edge cards and toppers with them.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I don't do colouring in really although I do have some pens. I've had my set of Promarkers for years - must be at least 8 and they're metallic and just as good as new. I tend to edge cards and toppers with them.
    Exactly the same here. Good for going around die cuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've had a few disasters with going over the edges but tend to do it Barbara Grays way by holding the topper or whatever down on copy paper and kind of tracing around it, it doesn't seem to go as wobbly then !!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !