Thread: Quilting Antics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilting Antics

I love everything Anthea has ever brought but the kits have always been a tad out of reach even though they're good quality, so I eagerly tuned in to 7am show as it was advertised as part of "Spring Savers", and I thought maybe they'd be some offers but sadly not.

None of the "kits" come with the actual pattern anymore, you have to buy a pattern booklet with a few designs in (that you may not want) and also need tracing or cutting out, £23.99. The 'kit' is only the pieces of fabric for chosen design. This morning I liked the cushion with the Hare £44.99 within a pattern booklet £23.99, and the ironing caddy/mat £29.99 within pattern booklet £23.99. I'm sure they'd sell more if the kit had the pattern included for a little extra cost. Needless to say I haven't ordered - I just can't justify £123.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should mention that, because I actually watched the show 'live' this morning and couldn't believe that the booklet was extra.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

It does seem to be an awful lot of money for the patterns. Luckily I have never been tempted as I only do EPP. I have loads of patterns for that, plus oodles of fabric. ;)

It would be like Jane Greenoff selling her cross stitch kits, but having to buy the charts separately. Of course it is possible to do it the other way round with Jane as the chart(s) is often in the club magazine, so us members are allowed to buy the fabric and stuff before the kit is readily available.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog