Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hochanda are at it again

Post Thanks / Like

I fully expect things to take longer than normal at the moment but that still doesn't excuse them sending an email a few days after I placed the order, saying it had been dispatched, when it hadnt. If it was a one off then it could be a mistake but it seems to be a frequent thing.

The items still haven't arrived although the alleged "real" dispatch date (i.e. the one they told me after i chased it) was nine days ago, so it seems unlikely that was the correct date either.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno about Covid, it seems a good excuse to use. I received an email this morning telling me my C & C club gift had left the warehouse, received another this afternoon from Hermes to say they have it. Soooo with luck it might arrive Monday or Tuesday.

The Kindle Fire I ordered yesterday from Amazon arrived today. Ordered a few extra bits for it this evening, they will be with me on Sunday. :)

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Got an email from Honeypot Crafts about my Phill Martin embossing powders with an Hochanda link saying they were delayed by Hermes not picking goods up on time so a new pick up had been organised which meant the powders were delayed ( as I had ordered something from Honeypot Crafts directly, on the same day, which has already arrived via Royal Mail I knew this was not just an excuse for the non arrival). I am now thinking that Hermes might be the reason both Hochanda & C&C are not getting the goods to our doors in line with expected delivery times.

Post Thanks / Like

My items from Clarity were ordered from Hochanda on 29 May. Dispatch notification received 2 Jun and items arrived yesterday.

The tapes I'm annoyed about were ordered 19 May, with no mention of them being on extended delivery. Dispatch confirmation 21 May with estimated delivery by 26 May. I emailed on 29th, they replied on 30th saying it was actually dispatched on 27th. Still waiting 10 days later. Not good enough.

I have little love for Hermes but I have received several other orders with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had 2 emails from Hermes, one saying a parcel will be delivered between 1 and 3pm, one saying a parcel will be delivered between 3 and 5pm, both with the same driver. I'll wait in at 3pm then!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well all I can say is well done to the lassie who delivers my Hermes goodies, and also to C & C, and whoever is somewhere in between. Ordered the club gift a couple of days ago, email from C & C to say it had left the warehouse, another from Hermes to say it was with them. Then sometime this morning another email telling me it would be delivered between three and five. Think she arrived just after quarter past three. also received an order from eBay via Royal Mail which has taken about four days.

Sooooo can't blame either Hermes or Royal Mail if things are late. Especially as it was Hochanda who were economical with the truth as my stamps had not been posted until after they should have been delivered. It isn't as though it is the first time this has happened, and that couldn't be blamed on Covid-19 or Royal Mail either. Especially as the damn thing wasn't even in stock when I was told, several times, that it had been posted. They then expected me to accept a substitute item which was of no use to me at all.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon exceeded themselves here today. Made an order very very late last night, package delivered this morning. I was very impressed but surprised the parcel wasn't very big but ripped it open anyway. Of course wasn't my order at all, it was for next door but is showing as my parcel on my account. I assumed they scan the parcels on and off the van but obviously not. Spent over an hour this afternoon trying to sort it. There seems to be a button to press for everything short of a nuclear war on the Amazon site but nothing for a simple wrong delivery. See what arrives tomorrow !
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My extra goodies arrived today from Amazon. Although I didn't need the spare cables I thought I had better check. Just as well I did as the blessed things do not fit the 9th edition of my Kindle Fire 10. They are now parcelled up ready to return, probably tomorrow.

I actually contacted Amazon via one of their chat things. The chap gave me a link, but when I checked it out it works for all the other Kindles, but not mine. Actually they were too big for my little eReader, which means they would have been too large for my old Fire as well.

Soooo after much ado about not a lot, I finally found a cable that does actually fit. At least I hope it does. Pity I can't give my return parcel to the driver, it would have saved me going down to the post office. Normally I wouldn't have minded, but, well, all this virus thing is still doing the rounds. Hmm, maybe I ought to wait until Tuesday just to be sure the one I ordered today is ok. It does say on the page that it does work with the 2019 edition.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Can you do it online Roz and shove it in the postbox? be a lot easier for you.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Can you do it online Roz and shove it in the postbox? be a lot easier for you.
    It had to have the tracking blurb on it, the box was too large for the postbox anyway. No matter, at least I know not to go down to the Co-op for any shopping. Social distancing was observed at the post office bit, but when I was coming out I was shoved out of the way by a young chap. Then as I was going out of the door there were folks standing really close. Felt really uncomfortable, especially as I was the only twit wearing a mask. Even the lady who was filling the shelves didn't wear one.

Anywhoo, it is now on its way, and has been tracked by Amazon so they have refunded my money. Even better, although the chap I did the online chat with got it wrong, he did say there would be a voucher in my account. Well there was me thinking a couple of squid would be useful, but no, it was for £9+ Soooo I don't have anything to pay on the one I did order, which is the proper one, I know that 'cos it says so. Should be delivered tomorrow. ;)

|Roz