Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sewing needles

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I use the same needles as Roz when I am using seed beads - but the size of the hole in each bead does vary and they don't all slide down the needle. I find I prefer long needles because they make it easier to pick up individual beads.
    Somat to do with 'em being glass beads apparently. Don't have too much trouble with the Mill Hill beads. When I do it tends to be when I have had to pick up several different ones for a hanger, there is always one little horror, usually the second or third bead, that decided it will not go over the eye. I wonder why that happens???

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what ladies, I wouldn't want to be at the end of a production line for QC on the needles or the beads, bet they're a nightmare.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what 'make' the beads are, they came with a Janlynn kit.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Don't know what 'make' the beads are, they came with a Janlynn kit.
    Probably not Mill Hill beads. The tiny ones really are tiny. and come in a mixed bag, so sorting is needed as some can look very much like another. Occasionally they come in two, or even three bags, but still need sorting before I use them. I do the same with threads as sometimes they can look similar.

I once bought a bookmark kit in Fun2Do in Carlisle. There were three shades of green for the shamrocks. Now I know the lighting wasn't really 'up to snuff' in that particular hotel (dump) but I will swear there were five shades of green. I gave up with it in the end, brought it home, and yes, there were only three shades. I keep meaning to work it again as I sent the original to a friend in Australia. It isn't as though I don't have enough threads and Aida band, I could start my own shop with the 'stuff' I have. ;)

Page five of the Country Sampler stitched book is now on my blog. Just page six to go, which is the one I have been dreading as it has a hemstitched square. After what happened last time I am going to do a practice piece (or three) before going live. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Tell you what ladies, I wouldn't want to be at the end of a production line for QC on the needles or the beads, bet they're a nightmare.
    Same with the threads. There is only so much that can be done by machine. I dare say the packs of beads wouldn't be too much of a problem, but when it comes to the kits, that is a whole different ball game. So many different coloured beads, several types, a positive nightmare I reckon.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post