Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: C******** is coming

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I've been going through my C******* dies - most of which are unused and remarkably like the 'new' ranges on sale. How many penguins, reindeer, Santas and nativity scenes does a crafter need? But I have been inspired by some of the ideas, so I'll use what I've already got to create them.
    With me it's reindeer lol. Every stamp, die, embossing folder etc I like is a reindeer.

I must admit I'm embarrassed by the amount of Christmas 'stuff' I have accumulated.

I haven't watched much of the Christmas event, but did watch the Sizzix shows. It may be me going gaga, but I kept looking to see if Sizzix was in the line up and there was nothing, then I turn on the channel and there's Sharon.

I don't think I'm imagining it, but in the morning show the main set of dies was £35+ with no flexipay and then by the afternoon it had flexipay. I was annoyed because all of the C&C stuff (Fleurs etc) had 4 flexipays.

There are a couple of the new Sizzix dies I want (the Santa/Bear note to Santa holder being one), but to date C&C haven't listed the items for the shows on Friday. I want to see if they have another bundle, other to that I'm buying elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should say that about PayPal Roz, I've had problems a couple or so times this past few weeks, I go through the 'sign in' business then the lickle dotty thing that whirs round just keeps on whirring. I thought it was because it was probably so busy with folk shopping from home but the other day it went on for several minutes so I abandoned it and paid by visa. I only have one bank a/c to it but there was money in so don't know what the problem is - unless it really is just the volume of traffic.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post

I don't think I'm imagining it, but in the morning show the main set of dies was £35+ with no flexipay and then by the afternoon it had flexipay. I was annoyed because all of the C&C stuff (Fleurs etc) had 4 flexipays.
    I wonder if they add in flexipays if the sales are going slowly, as a way of encouraging people to buy.
    I must admit, it doesn't work for me. I would just rather have a discount on the price
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Funny you should say that about PayPal Roz, I've had problems a couple or so times this past few weeks, I go through the 'sign in' business then the lickle dotty thing that whirs round just keeps on whirring. I thought it was because it was probably so busy with folk shopping from home but the other day it went on for several minutes so I abandoned it and paid by visa. I only have one bank a/c to it but there was money in so don't know what the problem is - unless it really is just the volume of traffic.
    I sent 'em a PM, which was replied to today. They said they could ring me back and sort something out. Too late, I have changed my mind. I can get the stencils I want directly from Glitz Craft without the glitter paste that I don't really need as I have most of what I want. I would like a glitter yellow, they didn't have it on my last order, but I reckon I have most of the others, some more than one pot, which is why I stopped the monthly club. If I spend over £30 there is a £15 discount, over £42 then it is 25%. They also have loads of sale stencils. Postage is just under £4 for stencils and paste tubs, but only £1.40 for up to 30 stencils.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

You're all so right about the current IW & C&C "Sales" I've looked aghast at some of the presenters encouraging you to look for 'something' in the clearance section that's very cheap and on 4 flexi's - that then opens up your flexi basket. Whatever it was the other day was on 4 flexi's of 47p each !! goodness, I'm sure they think we came in on the last banana boat.
    On IW yesterday there was a gardening sale, and beyond my better judgement I watched as I fancied some of the Tuberosa bulbs, 10 for £7.99 + £4.99 p&p...…….. I thought you monkey's, they've been on for a couple of months at £12 and p&p free! also the dregs of the pre-planted hanging baskets were same price as when launched as POD a fortnight ago and still at same price £19.99 + £6.99 p&p, but flashing about to make it look like they were on offer. Easy to see how folk get taken in.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Hochanda do the same thing - they had a happy hour recently which featured the smooth white card I bought not long ago. The incredible bargain happy hour price was actually more than I had paid. Obviously it must have been on some kind of offer when I ordered.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will confess to getting an addiction to the Tonic deals on Wednesdays and at the weekend. Have stocked up on shiny paper and card and today bought their bundle of Christmas words strip dies. Thought they were pricey at £7.99 each, but 6 for £19.78 seemed a good price. Put in a small tub of sequin stars to push the price over £20, so free postage as well. Noticed a review on the page which commented that buying direct from Tonic you got so much more for your money than buying via C&C!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bought anything in the Christmas event.

When I turned on yesterday they were going on about 48 hours of 4 flexipays so I thought I'd check out Sizzix. There's hardly any dies available(only over priced ones) - deal from Friday has vanished and the deal from a week ago comes up with something about not having that page.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Tonic Christmas frame dies are available on pre- order at Craftstash at a cheaper price than they were individually at C&C and at £15.99 I would not have had to pay p&p. I need to hold back!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bought anything in the C******** event either. Granted I was tempted by the Glitzcraft goodies, but will buy what I want directly from Glitzcraft, so I will be spending a lot less as I don't need any more pastes. I thought there was a yellow glitter, but it would appear not, just matt and satin. No matter, I have the matt, and I also have two tubs of gold.

I thought about the C******** diamond dot thingies, or whatever they call 'em. Thinking was as far as I got, then common sense reared its head. I had thought about the rubber stamps that can be used with any spare drills, of which I have loads, but common sense popped up again. I'm getting a wee bit tired of common sense, it is getting to be a boring old fiend!

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog