Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C******** is coming

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my life PJP, perhaps they don't realise we're all adults?
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Even as a child I didn't like the HoHoHo, jolly Christmas stuff. For me it was about traditions and family - my best memories are of nativity plays, carol services, Sunday school parties with the highlight being a film shown on a projector and playing with my new toys with my grandparents. So the false jollity and jumpers on C&C are a turn off which isn't going to sell me anything!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They have said they won't be wearing the jumpers this year and I can live with the colour scheme. I like to watch a few of the programmes just as a change from the normal and hopefully to get some inspiration in which case I might make a note for when I do start making the cards. I tend to buy just one thing every year and that will be later on when the hype has died down. I bought the Hunkydory kit about 5 years ago and still have some left so that reminds me I don't need anything like that!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've still (to my shame) got HD kits that are years old. They're timeless really, C******** is still C******** every year. I'm like CSF with the old nostalgic - including my late Dad being the pantomime dame most years in the Church Men's weekend event, happy days!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I got the HD Advent Calendar last year but it will take a major search to find it.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in NZ I was in the panto every year, did choreography, danced, played a few parts as long as I didn't have to sing!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you all on the traditional front. Always loved singing C******** carols, though as my singing leaves a lot to be desired, perhaps folks would rather I didn't.

Love decorating the trees, especially when there are new goodies. Though many of those from the last few years are new to me as I had forgotten all about them. Some go back many years, one to our first Christmas, another bought when I had to work squillions of extra hours due to both librarians being on their hols, and a library assistant being ill.

Normally I got time off in lieu, but as I explained to my boss, one of aforementioned librarians, that if I took time off, I would be away for the next three months. I still had three weeks holidays and extra hours for working bank holidays, all had to be used up before the beginning of April. I had also acquired nearly 70 hours for other extras I had done that I didn't get paid for.

Anywhoo, from the extra money I bought a new tree, now long gone, and an embroidered Santa, which we still have. He was made somewhere in Europe, but it is so long ago I can't remember exactly where. Wasn't expensive either, just a few squid, which probably was a lot of money in those days I s'pose.

I haven't made many cross stitched decorations this year. I really ought to as I have loads of Mill Hill kits, plus charts from kits Christine has already made. A draw full of DMC threads, plus quite a lot of speciality threads, not forgetting all that perforated paper. Christine found some packs of the brown, which is what is used in most of the kits, for £1 a pack (2 sheets) so she grabbed the lot. I got half, and she kept half. It was always the most difficult to find colour, even Meg Evershed (Nutmeg Company) seldom has it in stock.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked on the C&C site and there is nothing on there to part me from my money. Like others I still have lots of Hunkydory stuff to use up if I want to pick and stick and there are only so many angels and nativity scene dies a person can own! As I sell my cards at church people are looking for religious designs, which are hard to get in the shops. Last year I made Christmas carol cards, using Clarity stamps and a variety of dies cuts and silhouette stamps. Might do something similar this year or else white angels mounted on white card, which have also sold well in the past.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing pick and stick HD for everyone again this year with the exception of my special family cards, they will hopefully be Groovi's - if they're good enough that is! I had to sit on my hands last night to stop me buying the new A4 set from Linda Williams, my word, she is some talented lady and Barbara's design team are in a league of their own, stunning work from everyone of them, I cant see me ever being so good as they are.

Just got Dean on with the C******** HD collection (9.45 Monday) its very nice and I know I've had mine for years, but...…...If I get struck down in my next breath, SURELY we didn't pay £80.99 club price?? I know I paid around £40 for a kit in 4 parts (classic,traditional & two I cant think) and it was big kit but not £80 jeez.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    ......…………... Linda Williams, my word, she is some talented lady
    She's also a really lovely person. Her and Gail Sedenham run Groovi classes in a town not to far away from me. I was going until I needed to be at home more. Her and Gail are very good friends and Gail does samples for Linda's shows. Did you know Linda is a Pergamano Master - the only one there is!

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/