Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Die cutting Machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I've heard the Tonic Tangerine is very good - no warped plates.
    I have a Wizard that I'm getting rid off when I'd post it too you but it's very heavy.
    Yes I do like my "Tango"; never a problem, happily does everything I ask him. I like that he's flat on top so I can put his plates there in between cuts. I was lucky to buy him when he came with a matching carry bag. And he's my favourite colour!
    I originally bought the raspberry Wizard with extra plates so I could use it with some Fiskars embossing plates I already had but I gave him away when I got some bigger dies that he couldn't cope with so I bought a GC but it broke it's cogs. I am sorely tempted to send you postage but I really don't need another machine just now and I hope you can give it to someone who will love and use it.

Post Thanks / Like

How daft am I!!!!! Been having a rummage around in my craft room and have found 'several' die cutting machines lol. ToDo, Grand Caliber, Ellison Design (Not sure what one as one of the labels is missing), Xyron, Old Sizzix - my first die cutter and a Wizard - so I sure don't need a new one maybe some new plates.

I am interested in the one JM said about though. It's fairly expensive but I've found some cheaper ones that are returns. All been tested and they have a 3 month guarantee - What do you think?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I wouldn't chuck, I'd rather pay the extra and have a 12 month g'tee. One of our members bought a pre-loved one a few years ago and had no-end of bother, Can't remember for sure who it was or which model but maybe someone else can? I've a feeling it was one of the early "Craftwells" - they've done 2 or 3 models over the years. From time to time they do have offers on (usually for whoever's birthday or anniversary !) so if you aren't desperate I'd hang on, maybe even up to November 'ish' when they start flogging dear stuff for C********. Wish you lived nearer & you could borrow mine !
    Last edited by Jacksmissis; 16-06-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    How daft am I!!!!! Been having a rummage around in my craft room and have found 'several' die cutting machines lol. ToDo, Grand Caliber, Ellison Design (Not sure what one as one of the labels is missing), Xyron, Old Sizzix - my first die cutter and a Wizard - so I sure don't need a new one maybe some new plates.

I am interested in the one JM said about though. It's fairly expensive but I've found some cheaper ones that are returns. All been tested and they have a 3 month guarantee - What do you think?
    Lol Pam
    at finding other machines
    What are you like
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have the little Sidekick, got it as a freebie from one of the magazine subscriptions. I was quite fond of it at the time as I didn't have many dies. Once I realised that I wanted larger ones, I bought my wee bug. I gave the Sidekick to Kate, along with a few dies I no longer wanted.

I still have the first die I ever bought, the Ellison guitar. Bless it, I used it with a pasta machine when I first bought it. It worked quite well, but not quite as well as I would have liked with some card stock. It didn't do much for the pasta machine either. Not that it was bought for pasta making, but for my 1/12th scale polymer clay food and stuff of that ilk.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post

You crack me up! I can just about understand people forgetting that they have a die or a stamp, but a machine!,
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

or several Victoria, lol !!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple lol. The standard Sizzix, the A4 Sizzix, Joy Trouvaille (? - like the HappyCut), Baby Blue and the electric TL machine.

I don't want the JT anymore - don't want anything for it - but it would be like posting a brick (or two).

Add on: I really want the Sizzix Express. Sizzix had it on sale the other week for £118, but I was very good (failing fast though)
    Last edited by Deefersmum; 17-06-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is making me feel better - I've got the Big Shot and Baby Blue, which I use all the time. I bought an XCut, which is useful as it folds up so easier to take if I'm crafting with the kids at school. Unfortunately the biggest Sizzix dies don't fit through it so I bought the A4 Sizzix machine in a Black Friday sale, which sits in it's box until I need it. I've also got 2 Cricuts (Explore and Explore Air) and a Silhouette Portrait. They all have their different uses so it's hard to decide which ones to part with!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    You crack me up! I can just about understand people forgetting that they have a die or a stamp, but a machine!,
    lol Victoria

They were all in a cupboard which isn't opened much. I haven't been in my craft room for quite a long time to do any crafting so I had forgotten lol- Think it must be my age!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers