Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New Die cutting Machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I'm ashamed many times at my stash - like most of you too. I've given away, sold & saved until just "in-case"
    I've done it in the past where I've put stuff to go out and then gone through it and thought I might need this, that and the other. No mercy this time - boom out it went. I feel a lot better for it too.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Guess what - got the plates this afternoon and they are completely wrong. They are probably about quarter of an inch thick and very small not the A4 type size I wanted. It definitely said for the Big Shot.
    Is it the Big Shot Plus machine that you have?
    There are so many machines out there now.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Lioness it just says Big Shot Ellison. I think it's probably one of the first ones. Mind you haven't looked underneath - will have to do that now.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Well had a look underneath nothing there apart from a quality control lable saying December 05. So it's quite old.

I'm having trouble getting photos on at the moment.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Well had a look underneath nothing there apart from a quality control lable saying December 05. So it's quite old.

I'm having trouble getting photos on at the moment.
    I think the original one was just a big shot, but the big shot plus takes bigger plates and I thought they were similar to A4 size. May be worth having a look on the sizzix site under categories, sizzix machines & accessories just to check the size you need
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I've done it in the past where I've put stuff to go out and then gone through it and thought I might need this, that and the other. No mercy this time - boom out it went. I feel a lot better for it too.
    I took a load of craft books down to the fluffit and woofit shop a few months ago as the bookcase was in danger of toppling over. I was merciless, but even after I had shoved them in my shopping trolley, I had second thoughts about two of 'em. Anyway I gave myself a good stern talking to, NO MORE BOOKS.

D'you know I haven't even used my Kindle eReader since lockdown. Bought a couple of books for it, but I have also bought them via Audible. Having already bought them for my Kindle, I usually get them cheaper from Audible. Didn't happen with the last LJ Ross book though. :( As I am paying for my new mobile monthly, it cost the same as a monthly single book subscription to Audible, I cut my consumption down to one a month. To make it even cheaper I coughed up for an entire year. Soooo I am being very circumspect on what I choose. I think the latest Simon Brett is going to be returned as it isn't really 'up to snuff'. :(

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I cant get into reading a book on handheld devices at all. My sister is like you Roz, she adores hers and has a virtual library on it ! Simple as it seems, I get pleasure from actually turning the pages lol !

Did you get sorted from TCB/Tesco for your new phone Roz? I got one but its Apple (newer model than my old but not the eye watering price some are) Anyway, I got £30 + £5 back TCB (GiffGaff been with them for years) didn't want to go back to Android although you can get more for your money with Android.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    JM if you buy from Slipscreens on eBay they call their plates by the name of the machines. If they don't have any for your machine they say to mesage them with measurements and if there's enough demand they'll start making them. You might get lucky and find plates for another machine are the same size as what you need anyway.
    Right, finally got around to sorting my plates thing out and thank you PJP, I've put two orders in to Slipscreen, I measured mine very carefully and decided they were 4mm so ordered a pair. Then yesterday I was making an 8x8 card and decided to emboss, trying again with the Tonic A4 folder, oh my life I tried so many combinations that didn't work and ended up with just the 2 cutting plates and prayed! it did go through but it buckled the card, so I decided not to do the back of said card - too traumatic & weighted it down overnight which has helped ! I remembered that Slipscreen had put on about a 3mm plate so decided to try that as a combination for use with the Tonic A4 embossing folders see if its ok if not I'll ditch them, they're very pretty too. I don't have any other Tonic embossing folders, just combinations of different makes for smaller cards and never had problem with any of them, in manual or electric machines. Anyway, will have to wait and see. I did put a note on the order that they could pop 3mm in with the 4mm if it was practical but I now see its been dispatched - brilliant service so thank you PJP.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I cant get into reading a book on handheld devices at all. My sister is like you Roz, she adores hers and has a virtual library on it ! Simple as it seems, I get pleasure from actually turning the pages lol !

Did you get sorted from TCB/Tesco for your new phone Roz? I got one but its Apple (newer model than my old but not the eye watering price some are) Anyway, I got £30 + £5 back TCB (GiffGaff been with them for years) didn't want to go back to Android although you can get more for your money with Android.
    Struggle to hold a normal book, so a Kindle is ideal for me, especially as I tend to go for cheap books, which often end up as my favourite authors.

My £100 is still on confirmed, but not got to the payable stage yet. It says 12 weeks, so won't be have a panic yet, especially as c & C are supposed to be 10 weeks. It took some of those well in excess of 12 weeks to reach the payable stage. Shame TCB are not doing Amazon at the moment as I have spent quite a bit of money with them over the last few weeks. Same with Argos, which is where I will probably be getting my new laptop from - eventually!

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I didn't like to own up to my two Silhouettes.
    Only two Deefers, I am owning up to three Silhouettes, Curio, Cameo 3 and 4. I previously owned a Craft Robo and an original Cameo, both sold on the bay. I should try and sell my Cameo 3 after buying the Cameo 4 but it has features not on the 4 and vis versa. I also have a Scan n Cut, but me and it don't get on so hardly used. I should get rid of it but keep thinking I should make time to get use to it.

I previously sent to the bay my Grand Calibur and eBosser. I also have a Cut n Boss which I intend putting on the bay. Replaced it with an A4 GoPower and Emboss, the motor of which is so quiet and the sensors are in the middle somewhere so my GoFoil and Emboss goes through without any extra plates. Sorry Roz but I could not get on my with first Bug so that went to the bay, as did another I bought about two years ago. I replaced it with a GoCut and Emboss. It is not as compact but it works better for me.