Thread: Janet Clare's Apron

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janet Clare's Apron

I've had the patterns for a while and this summer I really must get down to making the child sized ones as Christmas presents. I'm no great expert at dressmaking and with the present state of affairs I have no desire to drive miles and browse around fabric shops. So it means shopping mail order, which means buying fabrics before I've seen them.
    Has anyone made these patterns? If so have you got any fabric recommendations? I'm planning on buying Moda or Makower which to me seem pricey, but they are good quality and I will know what I am getting. But any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you with the fabric really CSF, although I've had several different lots from Joe at "The Millshop Online" through Hochy. Also when they're on Hochy, if the pieces are on offer in say half metre lengths and you want more than one of the same they'll cut them all in one length (hope that makes sense!) Havent seen him on for a couple of weeks but they're usually very regular.

I love that Janet Clare apron, often thought about making it, do let us know how you get on!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look at tomorrow's schedule & Joe at the mill shop is on at 11 am CSF if you can fit it in. (Tuesday)
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !