Thread: X cut Guillotine blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default X cut Guillotine blade

Mine must be very old, it's one of the large ones. It seems to cut a single layer of card well but I've been trying to trim cards so there's no overlap so that means double thickness too cut.
    Doesn't do that at all well, I get there in the end but it takes a few cuts.

Was just wondering if there's anyway to sharpen the blade? I thought I'd heard that if you cut tin foil it helps but it hasn't lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I have this guillotine WL had it years. Mine goes through phases of not cutting from about half way down the blade. I get a large pair of scissors and run them along the blades to remove any sticky stuff. I’ve also cut a little bit of sand paper into strips. I rarely use it now as I bought the large Cutterpillar - which I love.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pamela, I'll try both of those. Haven't heard of the Cutterpillar lol. I do have another large guillotine can't remember the make but it's a bit difficult to get to because of the sloping ceiling there. I also find it more difficult to get the cut in the right place.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I used to love my XCut guillotine, but like yours the blade blunted. I bought a Cutterpillar when it was on special offer on C&C and found it was easy to use and very effective. It sits next to my work mat and as it is flat I can easily move things back and forth for trimming. I was sceptical about sliding blades, because the cutters I had like that before were awful, but this is accurate and always gives a clean cut. I'm not putting out an advert for it, as it was a 'considered purchase, but it was a good buy and I'm glad I made the switch.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post