Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodware Stamps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I feel sure that Woodware are from Skipton
    I remember The Stamp Man in Skipton (are they still going?) but I don't remember Woodware as being based there. Could be wrong, though.

The Stamp Man used to have things like Lindy's Stamp Gang products that you couldn't get anywhere else at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you are Mitzi, I thought it was Skipton - I often go through that way when I'm going back to Lancashire

https://woodwarewitterings.wordpress.com/sample-page/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if The Stamp Man in Skipton still exists. Can't find a website, and I know he used to have one. When I first started making ATC's I joined his club. I know that folded some years ago. Not that I have made any ATC's for years, in fact I am now using them as card toppers.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/RozMinis/

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I like Woodware stamps too, they're one of the my favourite brands. I used to adore watching Sue Wilson, and I still like her style, but the cards are all quite samey now.

I have to say that Julie Watts is a hoot. No nonsense, but great fun all the same. One of the few demonstrators I'd like to meet.

Post Thanks / Like

Woodware stamps were the first brand I ever bought. Let's not forget their anti-static bags either, genius marketing really, a spoonful.of cornflour for about 5.99 !
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I did a workshop session last autumn with Lisa Horton and she was talking then about setting up her own shop, selling her independently produced goods. Learned a lot about the differences between demoing on C&C and Hochanda while she was chatting with the Sizzix rep. They both much preferred the Hochanda style of doing things, but had to go where they were sent by their company - in Lisa's case Creative Expressions. I found it interesting then that Lisa Horton has stayed with C&C even though she is now producing her own brand. As a small company I suppose you have to go where you are more likely to reach a wider audience and get bigger sales.
    Was the Sizzix rep Katie what's her face? I noticed she's only been on C&C once (?) since they returned. I really like Sharon, her card style and her demos. After watching one of her shows I feel inspired and really chilled out.

Post Thanks / Like

The name Katie rings a bell - I did a workshop with her making a Christmas card using the Sizzix geometric dies. It was interesting to hear about the different diktats on how nails were to be shaped for TV appearances. Can't have been easy to keep the rules during lockdown!
    I used to enjoy the regular demos and craft days at The Craft Barn and Crafts U Love because it was a great opportunity to meet the designers and chat to them. Both those shops have now closed - the owners decided to retire - and nothing has filled the gap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    The name Katie rings a bell - I did a workshop with her making a Christmas card using the Sizzix geometric dies. It was interesting to hear about the different diktats on how nails were to be shaped for TV appearances. Can't have been easy to keep the rules during lockdown!
    I used to enjoy the regular demos and craft days at The Craft Barn and Crafts U Love because it was a great opportunity to meet the designers and chat to them. Both those shops have now closed - the owners decided to retire - and nothing has filled the gap.
    I wonder what the 'nail diktats' were, because nails come in all shapes, colours and lengths. I've said before that Nikky's nails (Heartfelt etc) are distracting, to me - but she has changed their shape recently and they're not quite as 'aggressive' looking now (to me anyway!). And then Leonie's nails are unadorned so she can't be following any rules! Nobody has bitten nails, so that might be it. And then the woman who does Icrafts (I think). She's been demoing at home and she normally has really long nails but they're obviously fake because she only had her real nails one day, quite short and plain. And then, hey presto, she had her artificial ones again - and I think that was when salons were still closed. I really hate long, artificial nails!

Post Thanks / Like

I got the impression they were expected to be long - which was a pain when demoing. French nails were OK on one channel, but not the other as far as I remember, which made all the channel hopping a pain for the people who had to demo!

Post Thanks / Like

Someone commented on Dawn W nails the other day and she replied she knew they broke the rules as they were too dark.