Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodware Stamps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodware Stamps

I rarely watch C&C these days, but today I was channel hopping and thought I'd have a quick look at Woodware stamps because I've always liked them. Saw Jane Gill presenting her festive collection and found I didn't want to turn off. Her demo was calm and informative - a bit like going to the courses she said she teaches. Wish I'd recorded it as her technique with embossing powder was simple but very effective.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Were they not on t'other side? I'm sure the last time I saw them they were. They don't seem as good value as when Dot used to get them for her shop. She only had to buy £50 worth to get the wholesale discount, and often used to ask me and Christine is there was anything we fancied. Bless her, she went that extra mile to get me the nutcracker stamp at the NEC, paid full price for it as well. It had sold out on the Woodware website, and they probably wouldn't get it back in stock before the following Christmas, by which time they might have discontinued it anyway.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They are now part of Creative Expressions - so there was a lot of push on Cosmic Shimmer things as well I think Woodware used to be a small family company. I did some classes with Francoise Read who designed a lot of their stamps and in those days the stamps were very reasonably priced. They also produced peel offs in the same design, so it you only wanted to use a stamp a couple of times you could get the design more cheaply.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know that, shame as I like to see small companies doing well. Creative Expressions, along with a few others, seem to have taken over the world. :(

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Creative Expressions seem to have gone smaller to me as Phill, John, Julia and Lisa all left. Lisa is on C&C , the others on Hochanda.Andy Skinner seems to make stuff for the company and Sue Wilson was doing a demo on video the other day.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Creative Expressions seem to have faded into the background a bit too. Their glue always seemed to be most demonstraters adhesive of choice now it's anyone's guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I agree with all of the above comments. I feel sure that Woodware are from Skipton - way back, it used to be a different lady doing the occasional dems, then I think they were going through a bad patch when Creative stepped in, so its done them good. Back in the day, nothing would have stopped me watching a Sue Wilson show they were always so inovative, Julia, Phil and John all brought their own quirk on products but nowadays they just seem flat somehow - I don't mean that nice man, just in general.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Sue Wilson has a new card demonstration every day on her Particraft blog. Once you get past her obligatory dozen mats and pricked borders you can get some ideas on how to use the products.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Woodware stamps and (unfortunately lol) have quite a few of them - 3 more sets arrived yesterday - hare, christmas words and kindness quotes.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did a workshop session last autumn with Lisa Horton and she was talking then about setting up her own shop, selling her independently produced goods. Learned a lot about the differences between demoing on C&C and Hochanda while she was chatting with the Sizzix rep. They both much preferred the Hochanda style of doing things, but had to go where they were sent by their company - in Lisa's case Creative Expressions. I found it interesting then that Lisa Horton has stayed with C&C even though she is now producing her own brand. As a small company I suppose you have to go where you are more likely to reach a wider audience and get bigger sales.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post