Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know what this is please

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno love, but I know the poly wotsits ones do, I also have Dorso crayons, but prefer the pencils, especially for small areas. I have the proper Pergamano citrus smelling blending oil, but have found that lavender oil works just as well.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have that and it does have a lovely fragrance, wouldnt have thought of Lavender oil Roz, I have some of that in my medicine chest! Might drop a line to Clarity an ask about the exclusives, I hope it is just me doing it wrong, I dont want to go to the expence of pencils.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

It was a lady at a craft shop that used to be at Wentworth Garden Centre who gave me the tip about lavender oil. She also said to use a bar of soap instead of the wax on my tools. I find a tumble drier sheet works best for me. :)

I know what you mean about the cost of pencils. I have lost track on how much money I have spent one way or another on watercolour medium, and that isn't counting all the rather expensive Terry Harrison stuff I have bought for 'himself'. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    What a good idea! Nothing worse than having to throw away stubs because they're too small to handle.
    My daughter used to save the short pencils for the children in the nursery to use
    They found them easier than full length pencils
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Companies cashing in on this
    a new craze Smelly art
    Make your artwork come alive with our range of scented oils
    Dip you pencil into the oils and use the corresponding scent
    to the section you are colouring
    We have many floral scents available
    And will soon be adding to our range
    Eau de farm yard lol

Sorry
    can you tell I’m back to my old self at last

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    I can see Companies cashing in on this
    a new craze Smelly art
    Make your artwork come alive with our range of scented oils
    Dip you pencil into the oils and use the corresponding scent
    to the section you are colouring
    We have many floral scents available
    And will soon be adding to our range
    Eau de farm yard lol

Sorry
    can you tell I’m back to my old self at last
    This has reminded me of the scratch n sniff card that was part of a TSV many years ago. Possibly Kanban. I dont think it had much of a scent. Seem to remember being a bit underwhelmed by this, although the card itself was quite pretty. Probably still have it somewhere .......

Post Thanks / Like

DMC brought out a range of smelly threads. Most were floral, but one of 'em was chocolate. I bought loads from Dot just before she closed her shop. Unfortunately the smell doesn't last as long as one would like, especially the chocolate ones. :(

When they first came out I used to check out the About.com cross stitching website. Oh dear, those American's were less than impressed and said they would never buy another DMC thread ever again as they were allergic to such things. Now anybody with half a brain, including those selling the threads, would have kept them as far away as possible from the normal DMC threads. For instance Dot kept them in a special drawer where the smell didn't leak out. She also kept each scent in separate bags, no cross contamination at all with the other DMC range which she kept on one of those spinning things.

I tried explaining all that to 'em, but they decided to ignore me. It was the same on the About.com miniaturist site. Despite my telling 'em that their makeup contained the same plastic as polymer clay, as did all other plastic toys, containers, etc, they still insisted they would never buy anything made from polymer clay. Much to the annoyance of us 1/12th scale modellers, Fimo decided to change their recipe in the hope of appeasing the American public. I don't think it worked, but did mean the clay was not as firm as us miniaturists need for creating miniature food, dolls, and stuff of that ilk. :(

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

When I was at Junior School there was a girl in my class who had a pen filled with perfumed ink. I had never been so jealous of anyone before (well apart from girls who had dolls that wet themselves ) Her Aunty had gone on holiday to the Canary Islands and brought it back for her, we were allowed to sniff the pen but never touch it !
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LJ, sorry have you been poorly chuck? Glad you're feeling better if so, I knew you hadn't been around but thought you must be away.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I have a smelly pen (roses) that I bought from Norfolk Lavender years ago. I also bought a lavender scented one which I gave to my mother. I hardly ever used my smelly pen, so have just checked it, and it still works. ;)

Roz