Thread: Hochanda Freedom Advert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hochanda Freedom Advert

The Hochanda Freedom advert just makes me giggle.

What exactly does the woman in the lilac jumper with glasses mean when she says:

"...They tell me when everything's happening. So if there's a special show I want to watch, then it's there."

Do they phone her up personally? Are some shows 'hidden' from everyone else but 'there' for this lady as a member? The mind boggles!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's made me giggle Victoria! As I read it I could 'hear' her voice in my head LOL! On C&C they used to have a similar promo for joining their club filmed at a craft show. When Hochanda started showing theirs I'm sure some of the women were in C&C's one too.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

It makes me giggle every time. I have this vision of the phone ringing in the lady's house with a message from Hochanda - "Hi Love, quick, turn the telly on, Phil's about to launch his latest products. You won't want to miss that will you Love...."
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I detest that advert, the women really annoy me and they always seem to be a stereotypical version of a 'cardmaker'.

It also annoys me when presenters say "ideal for crafting with your grandchildren". Not all of us are grandparents or 'of a certain age'. Though, to be fair, if you just went off the adverts for Hochanda Freedom or the C&C club (don't know if they still have the advert on), you would definitely think so!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness I'm not alone - I thought I was just a grouch! I can't abide that advert. "Yes you do save. If you buy like I do, you do save" No, you don't!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely do not save on Hochanda. Their prices are the same as the company whose stuff they are flogging. Their postage is usually higher, and their delivery takes longer. I did get free postage on a couple of Rowandean kits I bought a few months ago. The C******** pebbles are not as yet on Rownadean's wensite, though I guess I could have been patient and waited a wee bit longer. Other than that, I buy directly from Rowandean.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you taken note of the IW/C&C ads for the "Competition" mag or the "Lifestyle" membership ? the comp mag is £60 a quarter and the Lifestyle memb £90 per year. It reminds me of that lady - was it Dorothy who won something or other on that monthly subscription thingy they had going years ago !
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the ad for the Lifestyle thingie. At that price they can go and do the other with it. Must think I am made of brass, or stupid. I remember somebody from IW ringing me up a few years ago trying to flog me the thing, think it was about £60 a year then. Needless to say I didn't play ball then either. He kept trying though, can't fault him on that.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog