Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kit n Caboodle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kit n Caboodle

Is Kit N Caboodle a Create and Craft Company ? Lots of promos for the new die cutting machine with both Stephanie and Mel in the videos. Might also explain the pushing of the Cut N Boss over the last few months, getting rid of old stock before the new launch.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

if you go on their website, the only two stockists are crafting (SW's company) and C&C. So you could be right in thinking that they come under the same umbrella.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

On the Kit N Caboodle website under the 'contact details' it has crafting.co.uk for the email and Ideal World as the address.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I looked on Companies House website but drew a blank, didn't even occur to me to look elsewhere !

Cant think Crafter Companion will be too happy, it was rather pointedly mentioned how the edges of the metal plate were polished so they wouldn't cut your hands.

Also, how the new machine was lighter, faster and applied more pressure than any other machine. Bring on the Cutting Wars.

Post Thanks / Like

Could this be the machine that John Lockwood designed with Crafts-Too, that wasn't put into production by them, but is now being sold on C&C with a claim to have been designed by the brand that is selling it? From John Lockwood's FB page:
    Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed that a machine I took on Hochanda as a prototype in testing has recently been on air on another craft channel with claims that they designed the machine.

I can advise that myself and crafts-too worked with the manufactures of the machine and I designed the casing/shape of the machine.

After testing the machine over 6 months we decided not to put it into production for the crafting market.

John x

Also remarkably similar to te Nellie Snellen Pro Boss https://www.hochanda.com/product/561...machine/499274
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting Purple Penny. I did read something similar on Twitter I think It was. I have seen it demoed three times, twice it didn't go to plan

I rarely believe anything that is said on the craft channels anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goody, just what we need, yet another die-cutting machine.
    The SW/C&C monopoly continues. I admire SW. Love 'My Craft Studio'; bought the first ever big Tattered Lace die set and 2 or 3 sets after that, but now they are flogging a new £150 die+charisma set every week plus all the other add-ons. And that's without all the other 'companies' that you might think are independent but are actually part of the empire so have many of the same interchangeable products. The bottom line is - C&C is a shopping channel. They exist to make money and they go with the money-makers. Sara Davies has proved she can make it big and she has her fingers in many more pies than C&C so good luck to her, but I hope she stays with the channel for a while as watching her shows is a refreshing change, with different products and ideas.
    Sorry for the rant. I'll shut up now.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the one John was trialling was the Nellie Snellen one too. And the prices of all these lookey-likey sets of dies is beyond ridiculous now. And don't forget flipping Carnation Crafts, I'm sure someone said the other week they were part of Steph's empire. I can see Sara getting slightly (?) miffed at this new machine, although it does seem very quiet. A couple of weeks ago they were really pushing the Cut'n boss or whatever its called these days (there's been at least 3) so as someone else has said, this new machine is probably why. Begs you to wonder why John and Crafts Too haven't put it on the market.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

There is never any idea given as to how much card, paper and ink you will have to spend to use with Charisma downloads. The Dawn Bibby products also use it. Can you change the colours on the charisma papers? Recently I have been loading Craft Artist up on my laptop as it still working fine and I managed to acquire some excellent digikits.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    There is never any idea given as to how much card, paper and ink you will have to spend to use with Charisma downloads. The Dawn Bibby products also use it. Can you change the colours on the charisma papers? Recently I have been loading Craft Artist up on my laptop as it still working fine and I managed to acquire some excellent digikits.
    Carnation Crafts have free vignettes on their website and you can also buy the same set in several colourways (around £4 a set). Dawn's USB uses My Craft Studio so you could change the colours but it tends to change the colour of everything in the picture.
    I still have Craft Artist and hundreds of digi kits. - I use them often especially for my design team makes as I have to use something printed from a Cd/USB, digi kit or digital download. I belong to a FB group - Serif Craft Artist Software - The Beginners Club. They should probably change the name of the group now as there's not going to be any new 'begginers'! Some of the old CA designers still make kits and put the info about them on this group.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/