Thread: Updated blog

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Updated blog

Sheesh, I didn't think it was that long since I had done it, but nope. Soooo lots of finished goodies to see if you are interested. https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/

Roz
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Aww bless the lickle gingerbread peeps ! Not fair to say that really Roz, its all so beaurtiful and tiny! And heres me balking at blessed curtains ! Well done flower and thank you for sharing.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

All beautiful, but I love the Rowandean cards. Very effective. I have lots of beads and bits and bobs which I could use to make something similar, so you have given me lots of ideas. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The pebbles have given me ideas too, then I had another idea this afternoon. I bought a piece of the tweed fabric a few weeks ago. I think it is a fat quarter, but even so it is quite wide. Soooo I could either make pebbles, might have to buy more fabric, or I could buy some cotton bags and add a nice of needlework to that.

As C******** is well in hand, I am already thinking about birthday prezzies for 2021/2. Although there are birthdays in January, I usually have those done and dusted before C********, so usually begin the birthday year with Linda in February. I just hope this dratted virus has shoved off by then, though I don't hold out too much hope. :( Anyroadup I am going to be prepared, so it may as well admit defeat and sling its hook. There, that's told it!!! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning needlework
    I loved sewing but struggle a bit now
    I was taught how to sew a hem with out thread showing on the right size
    when I was 10 by the lady who looked after me when my mum was convalescing
    after have surgery for cancer back in 1966
    When daughter was a member of a drama group I offered to repair some of the costumes
    and was given a pile of delicate lace items to repair the air was blue at times but I really enjoyed the challenge
    No way would I have the skill and patience to do the lovely things you make Roz
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roz, hope you don't mind me asking but where do you get the Diamond Dot thingies from, I think they are beautiful.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 'em from Amazon love. They have ooooodles of them. There was only s'posed to be twelve of the Christmas ones, but there were thirteen in my pack. Granted the bells didn't have the hole they should have had, but as there were gaps in the ornament I used ribbon instead. :)

It isn't all that difficult Jan, honest it isn't, especially cross stitch on either Aida (which I now hate) or evenweave/linen. I prefer the linen myself, but it can be a bit of a pain sometimes as the weave is not as even as one would hope. Sometimes there is a thick thread, other times it can be very thin. Granted it is rare, but it usually happens in the most inappropriate place - nawty thread. :(

As for patience.............. patience is definitely required to work the Heaven & earth Designs (HAED), which I would not touch with a very long barge pole. All that pure cross stitching would drive me nuts. They are huge. In fact most of the ladies in the friendly Stitchers Group do them in rotation. They often have six or more on the go, and change each month. Me, I stick to the smaller stuff that keeps my interest going. :)

Roz