Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help please Blank colour chart

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please Blank colour chart

I'm trying to print a blank colour chart for my Promarkers - found one Joanna Sheene one and another one - tried to print both but they don't work. It comes up with the print thingy but when I click on it another screen comes up with 'Select a location in current notebook', 'Print current page' and a couple of other things. When I click on any of them nothing happens lol.

Any ideas how I can print a couple of these charts please.

Meant to say I'm useless at computer stuff lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old one on my computer as a pdf file. If you do a search it says Letraset in top left corner, and there is a wide red stipe on either side.
    Trouble is I dont know if there are any new colours, or if any of them have changed since the takeover by Winsor & Newton.
    Happy to forward on if you can open and print pdfs, or print and post, although its best to do samples on same type of paper/card that you would normally use. I think I have Ryman 200gsm bright white coated card

I have just found the Joanna Sheen one - its very different, but I did manage to print off a copy.
    I clicked on the image so that it came up larger one on my pc (link below)

https://www.joannasheen.com/pdf/162/...t_template.pdf

I then rightclicked on the image, selected print and my printer info came up and then I clicked on Print on that.

I wonder if its coming up with 'select a location in current notebook', its trying to save it?
    Last edited by Lioness; 08-09-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lioness, when I right click I don't get the option to print. The print thing is at the top of the page and when I click on that it comes up with the normal print screen and when I click print on that it comes up with the select a location etc. lol

Gawd I wish I wasn't so useless on computers I'm on my own with it as hubby doesn't do computers at all!!!!lol

I'm sure I had this problem before but can't remember what the advice was.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a look for you Pam, I followed Lioness's link and it brought it up so clearly. Along the very top above the chart but framing it (sorry I'm sure there's a technical term for that !) right in the middle it says the following

"- + Automatic Zoom ", "4 little arrows (forming a square)", then the "printer icon" (looks like a little car), a "downward arrow" in a box for download, then a "current view" icon.

I clicked onto the printer icon and it worked straight away and printed. I wonder if your printer isn't reading your pc ? I can happily send the print to you if you'd can't get sorted.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JM, I'm sure it's really something simple. I'm certain I had this problem before but can't find any threads on here or MSE.

I'll check my printer is working OK - don't use it much. I might take you up on that but it's really annoying me that I can't do it lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Think I'm going loopy, can't remember how to print anything lol.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be that your printer isn't the default printer. I know mine sometimes decided it is something else, and insists I have to save the thing. Once I tracked down it was trying to find a printer I have never had, cute something or other, I clicked on the correct HP one, and it worked. I don't do much in the way of printing these days as the ink is astronomical.

When I wanted to make a note of the colours, can't always believe what it looks like on the pens, I did it on a sheet of white card. That way I knew what colours would look like on the paper/card I wanted to use them on.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Riz, I think that is what Water lily is trying to do. You can download uncoloured sheets with the colour names on them, and you colour in the boxes with the correct pen. Very useful as, you're right, the ink rarely matches the colour on the pen housing/cap.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My printer is a Canon and it only has the electric plug connected to it. I did try to print an email but no luck. Ive used it loads of times before and can't understand why it won't work now!!!!! Trouble is the computer does a lot of automatic updates so I wonder if that's what caused it.

Got my hospital visit over today so my mind might be a bit more with it, still in a lot of pain at times though.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Still can't use it. Made sure it's the default printer but still won't work
    I love flowers