Thread: Finer nib

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finer nib

I'm not sure if I'm getting in a muddle with a different make of pens but I seem to remember you could attach a nib like thing to some pens that made the lines much thinner.

I'm sure I had one but can't remember which pens it was for.

Does anyone remember something like this please?

My main set of pens are Promarkers but I do have some other makes too.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Pro markers definitely used to do a finer nib attachment. There are some on Amazon but seem really expensive to me. Haven't actually looked at their home website.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Julie, I thought it must be for them. I'll have to have a search and see if I can find the one I've already got. Easier said than done though - it'll probably easier to buy one lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I bought several packs of the Promarker fine nib when they first came out. I bought mine from Joanna Sheen.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see anything on the Winsor and Newton wesite Julie. Crumbs they are expensive on Amazon aren't they.

There's a set of 3 on ebay at nearly seven pounds but still four days to go for the bids eek.

Think I'll have to have a search in my craft room.
    Last edited by Waterlily; 19-09-2020 at 12:48 AM.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pamela, I'll go an have a look over there.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some as well, but found the ink didn't flow as well as I would have hoped. Struggled to get the darn things off again. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They are hard to get off Roz. And the nib is very, very thin more like a pencil point than a marker nib.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I found some on ebay cheaper but still expensive for what they are. Paid £13.29 for a set of 3 bought 2 packs to get them down to that price.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    They are hard to get off Roz. And the nib is very, very thin more like a pencil point than a marker nib.
    Glad it isn't just me. I struggle with lots of things, scissors that have metal handles, craft knives, but this morning it was the turn of my brand new lemon squeezer. I haven't had one in years, but decided to make lemon curd the proper way, I used to use bought lemon juice. Anywhoo, I bought unwaxed lemons, put butter (left over from the C******** cakes, and sugar in my jug. Grated the yellow bit of the rind from aforementioned lemons, then set about cutting them in half and squeezing them.

Apparently not only don't I do craft knives, but I am not that great with other knives either, Those lemons really did not wish to be cut. Managed it with a few cuss words, then came the squeezing. Well what a carry on. Couldn't grip the dratted things properly with either hand, ended up squeezing most of the juice out with my fingers. Soooo won't be doing that again. Had to use three eggs as I only had medium ones in, should be large ones.

Only takes about five minutes altogether in the microslave. The result is good, even though I say so myself. Somewhat thicker than normal, but that does make it easier to spread. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog