Thread: Latest blog update

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Latest blog update

Added three new piccies, the felt/patchwork bag for the first advent calendar goodies. Lost count how many different bag/stockings/etc that calendar has had over the years. Hopefully this is 'the one'. I don't fancy trying again as I will have to make one especially for the next Bucilla Advent calendar in 2021.

The other two piccies are the poppy cards from Rowandean and the Daisy Chain redwork ornaments. Really enjoyed doing both those kits, though in the case of the cards I ended up doing my own thing. basically all Katrina's destructions are a few lines/dots on the fabric, with destructions on what to put where, and roughly with what. As none of it is actually set in stone it is great fun sort of mucking about. It makes a change from cross stitch which is on more rigid lines, or Hardanger when it has to be just so or the thing falls to bits when cut.

Looking forward to doing more of both in the near future, especially if Santa brings me all the goodies I would like for C********. I really have been very good Santa, honest I have. ;)

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They're all beautiful Roz, how tiny are those hex (?) shapes - I truly don't know how you do it I'm sure I'd have a permanent crick in my neck!
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely work as always Roz. I'm very tempted by the Nordic Tree Advent Calendar - it's lovely. Did you get it from Supermart via Amazon?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

They are the 3/4 inch size JM. Quite enjoyed working with them, so might have to invest in some more. Unlike paper pieces, they can't be reused as they have to stay in the fabric. On the other hand, it does mean the finished item only needs a backing. It would be a tad expensive to do an entire quilt, but hey ho, tiz only money. :)

Yup, it came from Supermart via Amazon CSF. It wasn't supposed to arrive until the 3rd of October, so couldn't believe it when it arrived so speedily. I had stuff from them before that has come very quickly, and they are always at a decent price, often far cheaper than Colray Crafts. The Nordic Tree is over £10 + postage more than I paid for mine from Amazon. Actually I didn't pay anything for it, I bought it with my money from TopCashBack, mostly from my Tesco mobile phone purchase> I still have nearly £49 left, so will be spending that on 'himself'. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog