Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scraping the Barrel ??

Post Thanks / Like

Anthea Turner?

I must say I've never "got" the Keith Lemon humour so I won't be watching. I presume they are aiming to capture a whole new demographic but I'm not sure it will work.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that was her Mitzi, she had us decorating old baked bean tins etc., and after her, there was her sister Wendy Turner and Julie Peasgood - they used to come on together, and show us how to make celebratory tat. Its sad really. How about if they got the presenters who do naff all crafting to get involved, I'm sure they'd go down a treat. Dont know how some of 'em get those jobs when they don't craft themselves.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

For those who have never heard of Keith Lemon, to begin with that’s not his name, he is a guy called Leigh Francis, and Keith Is character name.

I don’t mind him particularly always appears a bit of a clown, don’t mind him on Celebrity Juice.

But does Create and Craft wanna go down the road, of him calling his cards he makes BangTidy, and him calling Loen, Loen Bigboobies, you may think I’m exgerating but I’m not

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

How rude. He may think it is funny, but I for one don't. Sounds a sexist prig. I shudder to think what he would say about those who 'bat for the other side', Dave Bradford, Nigel Mays and Stuart Hillard for instance

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

He Calls Holly Willoughby, Holly Willoughboobies.

Just watched that YouTube video I’m lost for words, half of it you’d need subtitles for, when he made that Yode when it was black, he said it looked like a poo.

Why are Create and Craft going down this route, he wont last 5 minutes, he will do or say something wrong, and it will be that. He is the kinda bloke, who would change a set to suit himself.

He was on Loose Women once at Christmas, as the Christmas Tree set, wasn’t up to his liking he dismantled the thing

Post Thanks / Like

The last celebrity they used who I remember was Sarah Cawood.

it might have been at the start of 2019, they began something called Get Britain Crafting, it was set out as 12 new crafts over a year, you would get a kit a month, normally to fit in with the show at the beginning of the month, I think crafters were encouraged to send in how there makes we’re doing.

But for what I remember new management came in and the whole idea got dropped, not sure if those who subscribed received all there kits

Post Thanks / Like

The standard drops with every new 'idea' or gimmick or personality.
    I am not sure why they feel the need to do this.
    Its a craft shopping channel - Make sure that you have a varied selection of goods at reasonable prices ant you will get your sales
    Also, what is the point of promoting the club if you then apparently reduce costs for everyone with the purple pass? That is not the way to treat loyal customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't understand their thinking on either Keith Lemon or Purple Pass. If I wasn't already a member neither would persuade me to become one. I've just looked at the schedule for today and tomorrow and nothing interests me at all. I have watched a few Hochanda programmes lately but will try not to order from them as that would be a slippery slope. Looking at my last 2 main purchases I realised they were both Crafters Companion so I have started watching their own channel and enjoying it for the lack of presenter "me me me" and the un-rushed demonstrations, even going back to the Ultimate which I have had for many a year. I will resist for as long as possible but I can see me joining their club sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

I a member of The CC Club and the discounts, free and fast delivery are great advantages . It took me years to get to where I am on the platinum level. Whenever there is a C&C launch of anything it is quicker and cheaper to buy direct. If I just want something small like glue bottles I am not whacked with huge p&p costs. The Keith Lemon character makes me squirm. I think C&C think it is the way to get younger crafters involved , they probably think during lockdown they have attracted a whole new younger audience.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not totally against Keith Lemon.

But anybody who has watched him on TV, knows often he doesn’t think before he speaks.

if he begins to appear on Screen you know sooner or later he will say something