Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What arrangement do C&C have with Hermes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What arrangement do C&C have with Hermes?

It’s a joke! I get emails telling me Hermes has my parcel and hope to deliver on such a date , then nothing ! If I order from another company who use Hermes it comes quickly so it isn’t hanging on to parcels because of Covid. Despite huge p&p costs to us C&C must have a second class arrangement with them. Have noticed that Crafters Companion is using Yodel nowadays . C&C need to upgrade their service to us.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a dress from Q on Monday and its being delivered today via Hermes so I would guess its as you say PP they perhaps pay for a slower service, personally, I think things are not well there.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

My orders have been really quick from C&C On the last 2 orders
    In the past delivery’s were appalling
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if its a regional thing then? Dress delivered at 11am I'll go pick it up Friday.
    Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Aurora flakes ordered on the 25th arrived today and already played with (they are gorgeous) 2 other items ordered at the same time, 1 was despatched today, the other still waiting. It seems to depend on what item you have ordered, some come from C&C, some direct from the suppliers?
    Once I've had an email from C&C saying item despatched, the same or next day Hermes tell me they have the item and next day after that they tell me it will be delivered between 12 and 2pm, and they are right! Hermes seem to be very good here but perhaps it is a regional thing and depends on how the depot is run?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is only when C&C are involved. The parcel that should have arrived yesterday arrived this morning ( Lisa Horton dies) and I had another email saying my card and envelopes from Lynda Chapman would be delivered tomorrow swiftly followed by another saying it had been delayed a further 24 hours. The delays seems to be at the regional hub not at the local courier. Lisa Horton stuff was sent out quickly but there was a delay once it got into the Hermes system.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it also depends how much the courier has
    Mine said sometimes he has more then he can deliver in a day
    Of something holds him up
    On route
    Some couriers are given set delivery route
    But He collects packages at 7am goes home plans his route and he sets the delivery window time
    Some days he gets a message to say he has a second lot to collect
    Sender will say it with courier but he can’t possible deliver that day so he sends the delayed message

That happened last week he had 150 packages to deliver
    And got a message to say he had another lot to pick up
    He said he wanted to finish what was on his list
    Got back to collection point to find 45 packages
    No way could he sort a deliver them before his finish time
    So he left them there
    As soon as he collects them the message with courier is activated
    Then people complain delivery has not been made
    Once you know what goes on behind the scenes you understand why you get the delayed message
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Must admit my Hermes guy is great - even when parcels are wrongly addressed he gets them too me. Maybe that is a sign I buy too much and he knows me so well!
    I've found Hermes is good for sending stuff as well, especially as they'll pick the parcel up from my doorstep. I'm at work when the post office is open, so that can be a godsend when I've got to get a birthday present to the other end of the country in a hurry. Cheaper than Royal Mail as well.
    I assumed the tardiness of C&C parcels was their slow dispatch - but these days they don't sell much I want to buy, so it's rarely an issue.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

C & C items seem to turn up pretty quickly, but I have had items bought on eBay that take a week to arrive even though I have been told they have been posted. Amazon are the best, if they state a day it usually is said day.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if it's the same everywhere in the country but Hermes deliver our Amazon Prime orders.