Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silhouette

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silhouette

Hayley West will represent them on Hochanda. It was Hayley ( along with Lynda Chapman ) that got me interested back in the day on C&C.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Cameo in 2012 from Create and Craft and Hayley was the guest back then. She recorded a DVD which came with it. My best crafting purchase ever!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I received the email from Silhouette UK/Graphtec saying Hayley was their new digital media presenter. So I wonder what has happened to Lisa who has been doing this for the past few years.

Hayley has a long history with Graphtec GB and the Silhouette brand so bringing her on board as an official Digital Media Presenter will allow us to bring the Silhouette brand further to the forefront of the UK craft market. This new collaboration will help us to bring live video content to our Social Media channels as well as exclusive group tuition to help educate UK Silhouette users of all abilities.
    After seeing Nigel with Tina Finch on C&C over 10 years ago demonstrating the Craft Rob I bought one. It was not from C&C but from an Ebay seller and was sent directly from Graphtec, also cheaper than C&C. I wanted it to do print and cut, unfortunately at that time I did not really get on with the software so was disappointed. Then Graphtec US rebranded themselves as Silhouette US and gave us users the Studio software which was a vast improvement on the Robo Master software. I learnt a lot over the years using Studio which is regularly updated and the latest edition does do the best really accurate auto tracing for print and cut. I no longer have to edit points/nods with the print bleed helping as well if the machine calibration is out slightly, although this can be recalibrated with the software.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, that sounds complicated!

Post Thanks / Like

It was like Japenese for me Mitzi but Dax is an absolute wizz and superb at sorting everything, all the things she's said above plus also compound paths etc., etc., and - sadly, I'm sure I've forgotten everything, its sooo long since I had a play, and you know how it is, some people take to things like a duck to water and others find it a real struggle. Poor 'Gracie' (well wrapped) languishes at the top of the wardrobe. I am frequently torn between having another go or selling her on but at the moment she's ok in the wardrobe! The Robo's were the forefront of "your own" digital cutting ideas without the expense of the cassette type that Cricut used. Then they were nudged up as products are to the Cameo's, I think they're on Cameo No 4 now as they discover new features.

That could be my new year resolution actually. With all the crafts that I like, I could dedicate say a morning to each one and maybe even get proficient at something - instead of messing about and getting nowhere very fast lol !!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Gosh, that sounds complicated!
    It was in the beginning Mitzi, but now made so much easier. The basic software is free for anyone to download from Silhouette US to play around with. I like having the software on my computer and my files, so once a file is ready all I do is load the mat on my machine and click send on my screen.

Auto trace is just that, open a picture file from your computer/CD/DVD or USB. Drag a box around what you want to trace with a mouse and the software does it and it's ready to send to print, then to cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    It was like Japenese for me Mitzi but Dax is an absolute wizz and superb at sorting everything, all the things she's said above plus also compound paths etc., etc., and - sadly, I'm sure I've forgotten everything, its sooo long since I had a play, and you know how it is, some people take to things like a duck to water and others find it a real struggle. Poor 'Gracie' (well wrapped) languishes at the top of the wardrobe. I am frequently torn between having another go or selling her on but at the moment she's ok in the wardrobe! The Robo's were the forefront of "your own" digital cutting ideas without the expense of the cassette type that Cricut used. Then they were nudged up as products are to the Cameo's, I think they're on Cameo No 4 now as they discover new features.

That could be my new year resolution actually. With all the crafts that I like, I could dedicate say a morning to each one and maybe even get proficient at something - instead of messing about and getting nowhere very fast lol !!
    JM no I am not and these days I do forget how to do things although having my Cameos in front of me connected to my desk computer does mean I use it most days. Not necessarily cutting every day, but making files to cut and to foil now I have a Foil Quill that hot foils.

Yes you do need to take poor Gracie out of the cupboard. I have to admit I don't get on with my Scan n Cut.

These two framed foil pics are in our caravan.

Attachment 7319
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ooh they're lovely Dax, the little Owl's eyes follow you round. And I still think you're very clever !!

I read somewhere that if you know you've forgotten something then its good, your brain is functioning as it should, as against forgetting that you haven't remembered something (hope thats making sense lol !)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post

Auto trace is just that, open a picture file from your computer/CD/DVD or USB. Drag a box around what you want to trace with a mouse and the software does it and it's ready to send to print, then to cut.
    If it does all the work I might get my cameo out of the wardrobe and have a go. It’s been put away for 2 years but I do have the Designer Upgraded software so if that will automatically load the latest version it might be worth a play. I used to have a monthly subscription. I could never get it to cut out my bits and pieces that I printed off from my digikits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    If it does all the work I might get my cameo out of the wardrobe and have a go. It’s been put away for 2 years but I do have the Designer Upgraded software so if that will automatically load the latest version it might be worth a play. I used to have a monthly subscription. I could never get it to cut out my bits and pieces that I printed off from my digikits.
    PP when you load Studio you might see a window saying there is an update, depends upon your settings in Studio. If not you can get it here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software

This card I made using a file from The Best of La Pashe CD and printed and cut it on my Cameo3 the other week.