Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sayings that get on my nerves .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sayings that get on my nerves .....

"I know you're not supposed to have favourites but...." (Why not? What's so terrible about having a favourite? It's not a sackable offence or else they'd all have been sacked!)

"The measurements are mathematically correct" (Big deal for John Next Door. But what does this really mean? Why would you use mathematically incorrect measurements?)

"This is cool" (Leonie. No, not always. Often a real mess)

"Anybody who knows me" (Phill. Yes, we get the message)

"Yeah?" (John Next Door, Phill etc. YES, we get it)

Feel free to add to the list!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hayley "As you can see..." not too annoying in itself but two or three times a sentence is too much.

The one that really, really annoys me is when they're selling a big collection and the on screen graphic says you save £10, and they say "but it's really a lot more" and then proceed to break it down into individual elements and say "You're saving £5 on the one day special, carry over that £5, then you're saving £3 on these papers, add that to the £5..." Ten minutes later they conclude we're saving £100 .

Total waste of time because nobody would ever pay those "original" prices as they are ludicrous. Seem to do this in every show. It takes ages and it's embarrassing when the presenter struggles to add up simple amounts.

Post Thanks / Like

"Crafters never throw anything away"
    Yes they do, why on earth would anyone want to keep tiny scraps of paper, or the leftovers from punches or dies? I have enough unused crap to last me a lifetime, thanks!
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are saving a fortune
    Yes I am because I’m not buying your overpriced items
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

as you have all probably twigged by now I seldom have the sound on, so haven't a clue what anybody is waffling about. However, if I hear the word absolutely (which I cannot spell) or the term changed history for ever, I am gonna scream and scream until I am sick. I do notice the term ONLY pops up a lot on both Hochy and C&C.

Dunno about saving a fortune by not buying from Hochy, but I am saving as fortune by not coughing up their high postage charges. I know I could get my goodies for free if I joined the club, but I don't want to as I might only buy every so often. The last time I bought Rowandean goodies I spent over £100 (nawty) so it was free postage anyway.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    You are saving a fortune
    Yes I am because I’m not buying your overpriced items
    I have only made two purchases from Hochanda and that was my Cameo 4 bundle plus a pack of 2 Kraft blades 2mm as it was such a good price and I had a 20% off coupon. I then immediately followed by buying two auto blades for it with 10% off. Nothing since. I think they made a mistake with the Kraft Blade as on Silhouette UK it has gone up a lot since then.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Mitzi;381684]

The one that really, really annoys me is when they're selling a big collection and the on screen graphic says you save £10, and they say "but it's really a lot more" and then proceed to break it down into individual elements and say "You're saving £5 on the one day special, carry over that £5, then you're saving £3 on these papers, add that to the £5..." Ten minutes later they conclude we're saving £100. /QUOTE]

Glad you've said that Mitsi, I'm quite good with maths but cannot for the life in me get my head around their schpiel about all this when you 'factor in' rubbish.

"Genuinely" & "I'm not just saying this" (Yianiss)

I dip in and out of the club on hochy when it suits me - never let it roll over, I mark the calender to ring them. I also buy stuff direct from hixxy all post free and clarity free over £10, I think many companies have deals on these days with P&P.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I have joined the Craftworld club, which cost the same as the C&C club. You get a digital magazine every month - I think it's Simply Cards and Papercraft at the moment, 10% off Craft Stash goods, which is usually cheaper than C&C and has free p&p if you spend £15, plus other offers each week. Last week they had a £5 voucher for members, so I ordered goods priced at £16.97, paid £9.73 and no postage.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"Who doesn't love...." ME! Me, I don't love them.
    "Men are so hard to make cards for" No they aren't. I never have trouble making cards for the men in my life, and the stuff the craft companies sell as "perfect for men's cards" are all full of things that none of my male family or friends would want on a card.
    You already know that I hate "Assswelll" from Adam, but now the others have picked it up!

"Crafters never throw anything away" really annoys me too. Not all of us have nice big craft rooms with lots of storage to put all the scraps in. Not all of us can afford a dozen journals to create "backgrounds" in, we have to just wipe all the ink or paint away. I did try making backgrounds and putting them in a box to use later. In a decade I've used just one of them. Now I don't even know which box they are in.

"You need this..." Do I? What for?

One that really, really annoys me is "I don't want you to miss out". Well if there aren't enough to go around someone has to miss out, telling people to go and buy them straight away isn't going to stop that happening.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yes, "I don't want you to miss out"

The other one is something that sells out in 6 minutes and they say "We knew that would happen - the last launch sold out in 6 minutes."
    If you knew it would happen, you should have secured more stock before bringing it to air.