Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sayings that get on my nerves .....

Post Thanks / Like

"Congratulations on getting ...."
    We are paying for the product we have just ordered. They are not being given to us for nothing, so why do we need to be congratulated?

Another annoying one: "You only have to pay £Xx to get this home", and they quote the amount of the first payment rather than the full cost if the item
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely agree with all your sentiments PP and Mitzi. I am getting sick and tired of constantly being told they are a shopping channel, so we should have to put up with the waffle. I know they are, but if the items are good enough, they will sell without the presenter waffling on. Just give us the demos and let the demonstrator strut their stuff. They will sell far more that way.

If they knew it would sell out, then more stock should have been acquired. Of course there are exceptions, in the case of some of the goodies Jane Greenoff brought in there was a very limited stock of what she had, the perforated paper for instance. Never quite sure why she kept telling us it was impossible to find here in the UK. I was going to take her over to The Nutmeg Company stand had Harrogate been on this year. They have stacks of the stuff. Pretty sure Nimble Thimble sell it as well, though they don't appear every year.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

One item yesterday sold out and the delayed dispatch date was late November.

Post Thanks / Like

Quirky is getting on my wick at the moment. Once is ok, but when I hear it half a dozen times in as many minutes it starts to wear a bit thin, especially if used at the same time as absolutely. Dunno if they use 'em on selly telly, but they seem to pop up everywhere else. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes quirky. Usually used when "fugly" would be more apt. And I say this as a person who likes quirky things.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    One item yesterday sold out and the delayed dispatch date was late November.
    Late November? Yikes! And as has been pointed out upthread, they take your money now.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish that the demonstrators would be left to do their job without one particular female presenter interrupting with item details and taking the camera to her interspersed with ‘oh my goodness’. I’m afraid I’m turning over from the channel as it’s really starting to get on my wick!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only shows I watch on Hochy are the embroidery ones, with maybe the occasional knitting/crochet one. My interest in paper crafting has reached zero.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Dave Bradford for calling sumi paper 'sushi paper'.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've struggled the last couple of days when Paula and Abs were on together and both talking excitedly. I can normally understand them both, but somehow with them together I needed subtitles.