Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is it with me? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Which reminds me, Penistone Knitting Group, who I knit/crochet for, have been nominated for a Barnsley Spirit Award. Sheryl was sent 100 medals, which she has distributed amongst those of us who are the top knitters/crocheters. Meeeeee was given one, will wear it with pride when next we meet in Barnsley library, which is not going to be anytime soon. :( In the meantime I will put it in my display cabinet with the letter to keep it safe. :)

Roz
    That's lovely, Roz; well done.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely Roz, I'm so pleased for you!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to you and your group Roz.

My mum taught me to knit and crochet. She was a fab knitter and I never was as good as her and very slow. She knitted for my eldest when he was a baby, but then found she had Parkinsons. I then turned to crochet as when I was first working a friend showed me how to do hold the hook properly. My mum held the hook the same way as she knitted. I learnt to sew in secondary school and made my bridesmaids dress. Also made trousers for my two boys when then were very young and dresses for my daughter. Around that time bought my first knitting machine and found a new hobby for nearly 20 years, 12 years of which I was a tutor in evening classes. Classes stopped, I lost interest and found I have arthritis in my neck and back. Carrying two knitting machines to two or three different venues a week in the winter months and bending over the machines for hours when making garments at home took it's toll.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I do my crochet somewhat different to most other folks. Most stick their first finger in the air and hold the work between the thumb and second finger. I found this is painful on my thumb, and I can't get a proper grip on the work. One of the ladies at the Needle & Natter group winds the yarn around the hook as if she is knitting.

Many years ago I had to replace a pair of size 8 knitting needles, shows how long ago it was. The shop didn't have any in stock, but offered me a circular needle instead. Brilliant, wouldn't go back to straights now. I bought the KnitPro needles when they first came out, the ones with the removable cable. Fine except that wearing this thumb mitt all the time means the needle tips and cable part company no matter how tight they are. I gave them to Christine as she doesn't have the same problem.

I then bought the fixed cables, but have since found the coating wore away. Tried the cheaper version as well, but they were just as bad. Tried the Trendz, but being plastic I found they were not as smooth as I would have liked. I now use Zing, which come in a lovely assortment of colours. Still use circulars of course. Can't use double pointed needles for socks, so use two circular needles instead. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog