Thread: Several new finishes

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Several new finishes

Some Diamond dot C******** ornaments that have been made into cards, though the ornaments can still be used as ornaments as I attached them with brads.

Knitted C******** tree doll, now named Holly. Spent most of Saturday sewing charms and bells to her hat and dress. Hope she doesn't look as vulgar as my C******** trees tend to look.

Finished the Bucilla felt clock today, and a right royal pain it was to do. Between odd destructions, printed numbers in the wrong place, and not enough brown sequins, it nearly drove me insane.

I don't normally use glue with these kits, but there was no way I was going to be able to sew the roof to the body. They did mention in the destructions that the cord between the top and base could be glued, but I also used glue sticking Santa and the tree to the base. At least I know the rest of the kits I have wont need poster board, card, whatever. :)

Piccies on my blog https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Wow brilliant work, Roz. Particularly liked the clock.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Its all wonderful Roz, thank you for sharing. "Annie" any good for the sweet lickle dolly ?

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Roz you work is outstanding
    When do you find time to eat sleep and pee lol
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Its all wonderful Roz, thank you for sharing. "Annie" any good for the sweet lickle dolly ?
    'Himself' says she has to be called Holly. I wanted to call our Hazey that, but he wouldn't let me. She was actually Hazel, but cats seem to like a y at the end of their names, at least ours always did, so she became Hazey. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Wow Roz you work is outstanding
    When do you find time to eat sleep and pee lol
    'Himself' does the cooking, sleep when I can, which seems to be more with dark mornings. As for the latter, as often as possible! ;)

Had a couple of hours stitching today, followed by adding another row to my crochet throw. I will be glad when that is finished as it hurts my thumb. Only another five strips to add. Did a few rows knitting after tea, but can't seem to do much as it sends me to sleep!

Roz

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that's nice is Holly Roz, and fitting too.

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely work as always Roz.
    I don't know how you have the patience for the Bucilla kits - all those little bits of felt to cut out!

Post Thanks / Like

The cutting out and sewing on the sequins/beads is the easy bit. I only cut out a few bits at a time as it is easy to misplace pieces. I try to do the embroidery and sequins/beads before cutting out. Not always possible, but it makes it easier. When I make a start on the Advent tree I will semi cut all the ornament pieces and put them in 24 bags. It is what I have done in the past, worked well then, saves misplacing tiny pieces that way.

I will have to find some interesting buttons as I didn't like the large sequins supplied with the first tree calendar, that is still a long way off, so not going to worry about it yet, though I may have a look seeing as C******** is not that far away. Sheesh, less than a month to putting up the decorations.

We received a letter from the council a few weeks ago about having our electrics checked. It said that they were fully aware of the restrictions and that whoever came would be wearing the correct gear. Well yours truly isn't at all happy about that, especially as when the boiler had its yearly thing, the chap didn't wear any protection at all. I am hoping that now we a re in tier 3 they will forget all about it until things improve. I think it is about fourteen years since they renewed the electrics. We haven't had any problems, so they are not exactly an emergency. Not like the boiler, if that isn't done every 12 months, usually 11, then it has to be reset every hour. I was getting in a bit of a panic earlier in the year as it must have been only a day or two off the full 12 months.

Roz