Thread: So excited of the CC birthday offer

Post Thanks / Like

Default So excited about the CC birthday offer

NOT
    I would not pay the offer price let alone the full price for a Plastic case and a few Plastic bits and bobs
    Which was probably made in China for a few quid
    Is she trying to flog old stock at a higher price( sure it was not that expensive before )to unsuspecting new crafters
    I had the original score board and enveloper that had the wrong markings on
    Would they refund me not on your life
    Only thing I buy from this money grabbing company is the centura pearl card when on offer
    And that’s only because craft creations stopped doing it then sold out
    I now use a scoring blade in my old cuttle bug trimmer along with the big mdf board my father made me when Sara was still in pe knickers
    And I have the we are memories envelope maker, quick and easy
    Which was only £15.99 on Amazon a few years back free delivery dispatched from Germany

Right climbing down the ladder off my soap box

Happy Saturday everyone stay safexxx
    Last edited by Little Jan; 24-10-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ecky thump, I've just checked the price, it is astronomical. I'm pretty sure it was about 40 squid when they had it in the craft shop in Wombwell, now no longer there. I had a look at it when he was opening the box, thought it looked tacky then, and haven't seen anything to change my mind in the meantime. I see it has sold out, so SD must have been doing a good job at flogging it to unsuspecting newcomers to paper crafting.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Ecky thump, I've just checked the price, it is astronomical. I'm pretty sure it was about 40 squid when they had it in the craft shop in Wombwell, now no longer there. I had a look at it when he was opening the box, thought it looked tacky then, and haven't seen anything to change my mind in the meantime. I see it has sold out, so SD must have been doing a good job at flogging it to unsuspecting newcomers to paper crafting.

Roz
    Either that or there was little stock to start with
    If it comes back on stock in a week or so it will be returns lol
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

What tickles me is that non of CC demonstrators - of which there's quite a few nowadays and even Sara herself- never use her "all-in-one-does-it-all" case, or even the scoreboards in whatever form. The only thing they seem to have in common is using the Gemini - which I have and do like. Also, over last couple of days when channel flicking, I've seen Sara and Debbie (broad yorkshire accent?) using an all over rose panel die and both of them had problems with what looked like 'non-cuts' to me, in middle of same die - but they both had one pre-prepared "because (their words) they knew WE wouldn't want to watch them poke out all the bits". I can remember when Sara first started out on C&C and her sister used to come with her sometimes, and she was a different lass then.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I got my piece of purple plastic free with a magazine subscription. It has had its uses, but wouldn't have paid for it .

Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember when I got mine, must be over 10 years ago. I use it from time to time, mostly for scoring and box-making. The envelo-box and bow maker are quite useful, too. When I first got it the embossing wavy lines and patterns were fun as they weren't really available in any other way apart from the Glitter Girls boards but these days that is all old hat.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have the purple plastic boxer and card scorer. It hasn't been used for quite a while though as I am too lazy to make my own card blanks. I usually buy 6x4 or 7x5 from The Works, though the last lot have come from a seller on eBay (I think) though it could have been Amazon. One or t'other anywhoo. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog