Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Members freegifts - November 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Tisn't bad yarn, may not use it for Shaun, might use it to make a scarf for the uniform exchange. The beds look pretty good. I reckon the kits are left overs from that bright idea C & C had about getting the nation crafting, selling kits at vastly inflated prices each month for a year. Maybe the rest will turn up as members gifts. They have until April as I am not rejoining unless they have the £1 thing going again. With the odd exception, the members gifts are all I bother with.

Roz
    I think you are right about the kits -there are quite a lot of the 'get the nation crafting' kits available on their site.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was always a bit puzzled about them wanting to get the nation crafting. I would have thought those who watched C&C were already into crafts.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

My two kits arrived Monday good value
    But the extra sticker sheet ordered
    at the same time to get the capped postage has disappeared into the ether
    Showed dispatched Monday now shows invoiced courier details none
    I have been charged for the full order
    No idea why the did not send it all in one package
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    My two kits arrived Monday good value
    But the extra sticker sheet ordered
    at the same time to get the capped postage has disappeared into the ether
    Showed dispatched Monday now shows invoiced courier details none
    I have been charged for the full order
    No idea why the did not send it all in one package
    I ordered 4 small items in addition to the club products all on one order. They split them across 2 deliveries - I am still waiting for the second one to arrive. The P&P was also split so 2 x £1.50 showing on the invoices
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My sheet of a5 stickers arrived by Royal Mail in a huge padded envelope from Germany
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    My sheet of a5 stickers arrived by Royal Mail in a huge padded envelope from Germany
    Mine arrived yesterday in a similar padded envelope from Denmark!
    So that's why some bits take longer as they come directly from suppliers abroad. Doesn't really seem cost effective

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely seems weird. Glad they arrived safely though.

I have been waiting an age for something to come via eBay. Should have arrived last Friday. finally turned up today thank goodness. Not the fault of the seller either, just on a go slow with Royal Mail. The funny thing is we get told that we have to make allowances due to Covid, yet other stuff arrives at breakneck speed.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a Crafter's Companion hot foil die that was reduced with the two club gifts but still not received die even though it is marked up as invoiced in my account. I presume it is coming direct from CC.

As for the club gifts the starter jewellery making kit not bad at all. Looks like enough for three bracelets. The kit for Shaun the Sheep comes with everything. A ball of cream chenille, a ball of black cotton/acrylic mix, ( both are lovely yarns), a crochet hook, plastic bodkin and a shrink wrapped tube of stuffing. My only complaint is I can't read the pattern with my varifocals as the writing is so small on coloured paper I need a magnifying glass as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a member of a threads of the month club run by a lady in France who dyes the threads to suit the time of year. This month the package was posted in the South of France from a village close to the Spanish border, but arrived with an extra sticker from the German post office! Weird - but beautiful icy coloured threads!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't checked out the pattern for Shaun, so as I wear varifocals I might have the same problems.

The first time I went to Harrogate I bought a goody bag that contained hand dyed cotton and Jobelan evenweave fabric from a company called Sparklies. I joined her fabric of the month for a year, but decided that lovely as it was, there was no way I was going to be able to use it all.

I usually buy threads each time we go to Harrogate, but for some strange reason I didn't last year. I love threads that aren't readily available from the average high street shop, especially silk. Always bought silk threads from Stef Francis and cotton threads for Hardanger from Oliver Twist Threads. Stef no longer goes to Harrogate, and I don't remember seeing Oliver Twist Threads last year. Both have excellent websites, so if push comes to shove, I can always buy direct.

Roz