Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?

You may remember that after a whole load of problems with Hochanda, they sent me a goodwill gift of some Heartfelt flower stamps and some embossed cardstock. Can't remember if there was anything else. The Heartfelt stamps are from an old range so presumably clearance but are still nice. Would have been even better if it included the matching die but that's too much to ask.

Today I had a look through the embossed card to see if there are any suitable for C********. I was surprised to find several sheets that have been partially (and not very well) inked. So they are either returns or studio demo packs. It does look a bit like the demonstrator might have just done a quick ink over so the pattern shows up.

I'm really disappointed; it's spoiled my enjoyment of them. I'm giving my head a wobble - they didn't cost me anything and if they had just removed the coloured ones, I would have been none the wiser. Yet somehow I'm still miffed.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is what they look like.

IMG_20201124_132004.jpg
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're rightlymiffed. I've always felt that their goodwill gift wasn't fit for the purpose. They're not something you would use in your crafting as they don't fit your style.
    They've just sent you their cast offs - stamps and no matching dies and half used cardstock! I think you should contact the guy that you were dealing with and tell him that while you appreciated the gesture of a free gift it really isn't any use to you and that you are offended that they've sent you something that was second hand.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Pyjama Princess. Bit of a cheek, really, sending you some card they found lying around the premises and not even checking it's condition first.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely make a complaint.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

How can I complain about a free gift, though?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell 'em it isn't any use as the items have been used.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

This is a difficult one. If you feel strongly enough perhaps write an email just saying while you appreciated the thought, it was inappropriate to send damaged goods and you hope they are more careful if a similar situation arises in the future. Or something along those lines?
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've just received another "care package" after escalating a number of complaints recently (items missing from several orders and one arriving damaged.) Some couldn't be replaced (out of stock) hence the complimentary gift.

Another set of Heartfelt stamps (without the matching dies of course) plus some Heartfelt Decorative Pocket Accents dies - they must permanently have Heartfelt odds and ends lying around the studio. Also a nice Clarity Fresh Cut die, some A4 decorative papers (presumably part used as there are differing numbers of the various designs, but they are quite pretty) and a set of La Blanche Christmas shrink foils and ceramic stickers. As a whole, I'm very happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I once bought a 'goody bag' from Crafters' Companion and was disappointed when I opened it to find things which had obviously been used (sections cut out of papers was the main clue) and were not equal to the price of the goody bag. I contacted them and said this was not reflective of their normal service and I got an apologetic message saying this had happened in error and some nice and useful bits and pieces instead. I know I bought that item, but it might be worth appealing to their 'normal great service' as no company can afford to lose customers.