Thread: Glue sticks & pyramage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glue sticks & pyramage

I can't find this mentioned here so this is a tip I picked up from Nancy Watt when she was doing a demo on C & C.
    When doing pyramage or stackers put on the foam pads and then use a glue stick on the pads. It gives you a chance to move the stacker etc in to place.
    You don't have long but I find my efforts are better now.

I hope this works for you.:up::up:

Ali

http://craftydragons.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Nancy mention that tip a few times now - has anyone tried it? I find myself wondering if the residue of the glue stick once dry might weaken the hold of the foam pads...but then I think to myself surely Nancy would not suggest doing it if she thought the pads might not hold as strongly after the glue stick drys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phree View Post
    I have seen Nancy mention that tip a few times now - has anyone tried it? I find myself wondering if the residue of the glue stick once dry might weaken the hold of the foam pads...but then I think to myself surely Nancy would not suggest doing it if she thought the pads might not hold as strongly after the glue stick drys.
    Ooh, I hope not, Phree, just been making up a load of Patchwork Pals cards for a stall I've got this coming weekend - I used this method and it proved very useful when lining up the backs to the fronts, with these particular cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Dips, like I said I don't think Nancy would mention the tip if she didn't think it was OK in the longer term. But I have to admit I have wondered how the foam pads would hold up over time - meaning maybe they seem to stick OK at first, but after a few days or whatever things start to come loose.

Maybe I am paraniod but I keep thinking of that card I sent to Welly - it was OK when I posted it but by the time she got it the card was totally falling to pieces. To be fair that card was made with the Collall Photoglue - but the story illustrates how something can seem to be stuck down fine at first but then later turns out not to be. Just in case maybe it would be a good thing for you to check carefully on the cards you have made before you sell them just in case the dry residue of the glue stick does weaken the hold of the foam pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to do a lot of decoupage, and for a long while I always used foam pads. However, I stopped using them for most things because I found that after they had been on for a while, they slipped, so by the time i wanted the card to send to someone, you could see the foam pads poking out from behind the decoupage layers. I always use silicone glue now, and I have had no more problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    I used to do a lot of decoupage, and for a long while I always used foam pads. However, I stopped using them for most things because I found that after they had been on for a while, they slipped, so by the time i wanted the card to send to someone, you could see the foam pads poking out from behind the decoupage layers. I always use silicone glue now, and I have had no more problems.
    Agreed silicone is the way to go, I like Stick It Silicone as the tube is only 30ml so it is quite small and in the long run it works better as the big tubes either dry up or squeeze out of the sides. Sorry not a fan of Pinflair Glue Gel (must be the only one LOL)

http://www.artandcraftworld.com/Late...Glue+30ml.html

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a man using this tip on create and craft. I was busy cutting out 40 sheets of paper nations and that was 80 3d images i had to stick together so i used this idea but as i had no glue sticks ( my wee dd ages 4 had used them all.lol) i used a k and company glue bottle that has a foam top and rubbed a bit of this on the pads. It seems to have worked realy well as the pads were still sticky but did not grip as bad as usual giving me time and room to move them.
    I've done them all now and they seem fine to me in fact i was really happy and surpised that it worked so well.