Thread: Free Scan and Cut course

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Scan and Cut course

This offer is only on until 4pm on Tuesday.

John Bloodworth is offering his Udemy Scan and Cut course for free for a couple of days. It's a really helpful course, John explains things really clearly. I have it on my laptop and play it while following the instructions on my SnC. I can stop and start it while the SNC does it's thing. I don't know if anyone else on the forum has a SnC but even if you are saving up for one it would be worth getting the course while it's free.

Edited: Oops meant to add a link!
    Brother Scan N Cut Online Course – Free Enrolment Flash Sale! – GENTLEMAN CRAFTER
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this, PP, I've enrolled and look forward to starting tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Spent this afternoon going through the course up as far as the SDX section. I have a CM 700. I usually do all my working on Canvas workspace as the screen on the 700 is quite small but it's good to learn what I can do directly on the machine. One thing I did notice was with the Memory Keeper's foiling quill he plugged it into the machine itself and I have read warnings not to do that but use a separate power source.
    Looking forward to doing some more tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds really good - hope you both have fun. I’ve found a few Youtube videos which have really helped me with the Cameo but it must be great having a step by step course.

Post Thanks / Like

Mind blown Head hurting.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Sounds really good - hope you both have fun. I’ve found a few Youtube videos which have really helped me with the Cameo but it must be great having a step by step course.
    YouTube is the best thing ever to hit t'Internet IMHO. Oh I know there is some rubbish on there, but nobody has to watch it, especially me. On the other hand, there really is some brilliant stuff for needlework, including different methods to create the same thing. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Today I finally finished as much as I want to of the course. No need for all the fabric cutting info - I will not be sewing, nohow, never.
    Thanks once again PJP for posting about it. I really enjoyed being back in a learning frame of mind, it's a few years since I had to do anything like that, since I gave up teaching. I have toyed with the idea of Open University, maybe one day.
    I can now get on to doing all the other things that I should have been doing, including ATCs.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the first year of an OU course some years ago, Living With Technology. I managed to pass the module, heaven knows how, but found it very expensive. I was going to do the Arts Course the following year, but money, oir lack of it, got in the way. I wasn't terribly impressed with the summer school I had to spend in Manchester. Most of the course members seemed to think it was a good excuse to get plastered. The arts lot seemed a much nicer group, but it wasn't to be.

I also found it took up a great deal of my time, especially as I was also working. I used to take my books and stuff to read on the bus and during my lunch break, but it wasn't the greatest idea I had ever had, especially as I needed a computer for most of the work. Perhaps the arts course would have been a better option. At least I did learn from it, even going so far as to check up some of my facts with the help of the Yorkshire Post and the nursing stuff at work. Maybe it was because of my work that persuaded me to go down the technology route, that and everyone and their brother wanted to do either art of sociology. Sheesh, I think there should have been one for spilling, or even spelling! :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    YouTube is the best thing ever to hit t'Internet IMHO.
    Whatever the question, someone on YouTube has the answer, and someone on eBay is selling the bits you need :)

With typical timing, our breadmaker broke down at the start of the first lockdown. The paddle didn't turn at all so a drive belt seemed the likely culprit. Kev went onto YT and found a video of someone dismantling our model to get to the drive belt. It was incredibly complex and time consuming, so Kev watched some more videos. Sure enough, there was someone explaining that there is no need to disaasemble the whole machine when the drive belt is just inside a ventilation panel at the bottom of the machine. Panel cut out with a craft knife, belt ordered on eBay, and a few days later we had a functioning breadmaker again.
    Last edited by PurplePenny; 15-01-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant PP, that is what I like to hear. The thing is that these very kind folks give all th4ese tips for free. I know some make money out of it, but it isn't costing us anything more than the leccy, our Internet connection and whatever thingie we watch on. There are some incredibly generous people in this world.

Roz