Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite crafting guest?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favourite crafting guest?

There's not a lot happening here at the moment, so I thought I'd ask you all - who's your favourite crafting guest on Hochanda?

I love Julia Watts for her no-nonsense personality - she's not at all 'precious' in her crafting.
    I like Lou Collins again for her no-nonsense crafting and for getting such a lot done in the hour.
    I like Hazel (Pink Frog Crafts) for her straightforward and informative way of demonstrating various card forms.
    I like Leslie from Chocolate Baroque for the way she thanks the customers repeatedly - she seems very sincere.

Now I'm not going to pose the question 'Who's your least favourite guest' but I'm sure that many of you will be able to guess who mine are:

The female crafter who faffs with her 'artwork' but to be fair, does produce excellent results.
    The female crafter who can't stand still, seems to have no clear idea of what she's doing and ends up with very suspect pieces of work.
    The male crafter who stresses that his dies are 'mathematically correct', whatever that means.
    The female crafter who constantly says 'I thought we'd have a play with ....' and 'if that makes sense'.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few crafters who say 'if that makes sense' or 'does that make sense?' It drives me mad and I can't watch any of them.

I'm not sure that I have a favourite at the moment, I think it's just a case of who is the least annoying :)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch Hochanda very often, mainly because I don't want to start getting tempted to buy from the channel and in then be tempted to join the club or whatever. But I do like Ali and really miss the Stamps Away programmes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I don't watch Hochanda very often, mainly because I don't want to start getting tempted to buy from the channel and in then be tempted to join the club or whatever. But I do like Ali and really miss the Stamps Away programmes.
    I'm afraid that she would join my second list. I remember seeing some of her samples in a stamping show years ago and a lot were really badly finished, slap dash and flimsy!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like John Lockwood. I've met him and he's a really nice guy. I like how he designs things from a crafter's point of view, usually because he wants to find a simpler way of doing something.
    Two other's I like are presenters but also do guesting slots.
    I've started watching Let Leonie Loose and I'm enjoying her crazy mad cap way of crafting.
    I also like Kathryn when she does resin/clay/mould shows. She knows so much about the different products she uses. She has an enjoyable way of demoing and the time just flies watching her.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Leonie and Kathryn - they're both very talented crafters. It must be difficult for Leonie in particular to come up with different ideas all the time, and I actually think that she's better when she's on her own.

I'm sure Mr Lockwood is a nice guy! I just dislike the way he stresses how much work he's done so we don't have to! Also remarks like 'this looks like it's taken hours' - no it doesn't! Also the 'yeah?'.

I think some guests are quite smug (it's only papercraft after all, not rocket science), and others just delightful. The Funky Fossil lady is very personable, trendy and fun. I'm hopeless with names, but the Sweet Poppy Stencils lady is also calm and methodical.

We all have our likes and dislikes and that goes for presenters too. There's only one that I really can't stand - 'Well hello....'!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't be doing with any of the messy crafters so don't watch. Never have the sound on, so haven't a clue what they are saying.

My favourite crafter is Katrina Witten from Rowandean, spent a fortune on her stuff. Love those pebbles. Made the C******** ones, have two other sets still to make, and a third one to buy - eventually. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I only watch the papercrafting programmes, so I can’t comment on the soft crafts. I can imagine that they would be calmer somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ali (the inky one, not the stitchy one) would be on my second list too. Sadly, my second list is much longer that my favourites list, there are so many that I just can't watch or listen to. There are several that make a horrible sucking noise that really grates on my nerves and two of them annoy me even more for other things they do. One, for instance, as well as making the sucking noise pronounces "th" as "d" or "v" and the combination makes him completely unwatchable for me.

Of the preseneters, as mentioned before, it is Adam that really, really annoys me. He is the Dean of Hochanda, thinks it's all about him. He isn't anything like as funny as he thinks he is! AND... his damn "asssswell" has spread to some of the others now, but at least Fi had the good grace to catch herself saying it and tell herself to stop.

As to favourites... I love Lou Withers, she's mad, but nice mad. I like Julia Watts. I like the guy who does the scene building stamps. I enjoy listening to The Kilted Quilter, just because I find his voice quite calming. I don't quilt so I have no idea whether his demoes are any good. I like watching Kathryn and Leonie as guests. I like to watch Gina B. I like her voice, her US/UK hybrid accent and I love the Passimentary that she does. I really have to sit on my hands not to buy all her stuff, but I just can't get into yet another craft when I've got so many that I haven't touched in years.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Abs from Aall &Create but I don't like how some of the presenters fawn over him. Also I feel his demoes have been quite samey recently.

Julia Watts I never really watched because she always seemed to do "fussy" dies which aren't my style. Not long ago she demoed for Studio Light and it was a revelation- I learned more in an hour than from a year of Lou Withers in terms of how to actually use the dies. I do enjoy watching Lou but usually come away thinking I don't really have much more of an idea what to actually do with the products other than apply lots of inks or paints through stencils.