Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite crafting guest?

Post Thanks / Like

Needlework fabric is horses for courses for me. I make a lot of cross stitch squares which I incorporate into patchwork quilts or cushions and Aida works best for those. But for finer techniques and counted thread I use linen or evenweave. I just feel happy doing anything that involves me sitting with a needle of some kind in my hand!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=I just feel happy doing anything that involves me sitting with a needle of some kind in my hand![/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you could help out with giving the vaccine LOL!
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    I only just discovered that Sizzix do a craft box each month. Waiting for it to arrive.
    Is that a fess up? Sounds like you didn't hang about once you found out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I used to work exclusively on Aida, but I found the quarter and half stitches a right pain, much easier on evenweave, especially linen. I tend to do a lot of fancy stitches now which cannot be done on Aida, especially Hardanger, pulled thread and drawn thread. Blackwork is probably easier on Aida, but as I gave all my Aida away, it has to be done on evenweave. I could open my own shop with the evenweave and linen I have. :)

Roz
    Agree with you on that.

I've got two or three kits on evenweave to, must have had them for years but can't be bothered with them because I know I won't like the look. Thinking of doing them on Aida as I really like the designs - more of my fashion/dress type things.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Perhaps you could help out with giving the vaccine LOL!
    Now that sounds like a good idea for both of us. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Is that a fess up? Sounds like you didn't hang about once you found out.
    Got me there Mitzi! I have got bored with the Tonic monthly box so I have been trying out the Craftstash one and just to make sure I have a good one I thought I would try Sizzix as well. So since I started crafting I have gone through The Craft Box, Tonic and Mama Makes.

Whoops , also tried The Crafters Companion one.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that for me , the best guest demonstrator on either craft channel has to be Lou Sims. I find her inspirational and have picked up loads of useful tips and tricks in the 12 months or so that she has been a regular guest on Hochy.
    For example I have used Sakura Gelly Roll pens for the best part of of the last 2 decades but never knew you could watercolour with them until I saw Lou doing so a few months back.

Most times now though I've got to the point where I now record shows that I want to see so that I can skip through all the nonsense .

Presenter wise , have to say that pretty much most of them get on my pip in one way or another . Can't watch any of the "turncoats" that spent months and months telling us how great the "family" is at Hochy to then mass migrate to the opposition when there was a better offer on the table. I do like Leonie but can only cope in small doses (feel exhausted by the time an hour as passed) . I must say that Kathryn has improved immensely from when she first switched roles from demonstrator to presenter. On C&C the only presenter that I can bear to watch/listen to is Loen .

Speaking of presenters - has Rachel Pierman left Hochanda as I've not seen her for months now ?

Post Thanks / Like

I did know about watercolouring with gelly roll pens; I might have learned that from Dawn Bibby on QVC many years ago. I'm always impressed when Lou Sims makes "just a quick album using card blanks" as she makes it look so easy but I just can't follow it. Think I need to attend an in-person class if they are ever allowed.

On presenters, I'm watching an Elizabeth Crafts show from a couple of weeks ago with Derek and he is getting on my nerves with his incessant waffling about nothing. What I want from a presenter is to show the products, maybe ask a few questions to the guest, then hand over to the guest for the demoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Lou Sims doesn't float my boat at all. IMO, she doesn't really show the potential of the products for sale. She did a one day special not long ago, and the shows (in my opinion of course!) were really disappointing - "if that makes sense.....!"
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

She (Lou Sims) did a show on acrylic pouring a while ago. Previous shows I'd seen made it look fun, but like you had to invest a lot and make huge canvases for the wall, cover your whole work area in plastic, and it looked like the clean up would be horrendous. Lou did it much smaller scale onto small MDF shapes with a foil turkey roasting tray to catch the drips. For the first time i felt it might be something i could do at home. Havent triex it yet though.