Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top trends in card making

Post Thanks / Like

The insects or the group ???
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    Hmm, I haven't got anything beetle related, must look out for some; my first real job was working with them.
    The insects or the group ??? Lol
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    Hmm, I haven't got anything beetle related, must look out for some; my first real job was working with them.
    Sounds intriguing. I have the Tim Holtz entomology set of stamps and co-ordinating dies, various Tracy Evans (Aall & Create) stamps and an X-cut die set. I'll use them all on a card for you sometime!

What was your job?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    No need to worry about sending me any type of card because I would still appreciate the effort and skills involved. I just wouldn’t buy certain images or use them myself.
    I'm the same. I love other people's cards using styles or techniques that I just wouldn't use myself.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I worked in a laboratory testing how grain was infected by weevils. I had to breed the little beggars!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like butterflies and bees, but not creepy crawlies. I don't follow trends just buying what I like. Cards for family and friends I try and make cards which match their hobbies and interests. With having seven grandchildren I just wish there was more crafting themes for technology, computers, gaming machines, smart phones etc. Most of my cards are C5 size or 6x6. 8x8 if I don't have to post them.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I love bees, especially the fluffy bumble bees. I also love dragonflies, butterflies and damselflies. One landed on me once down at the reservoir at Wentworth. I refused to wash my arm for three days! I'm also quite fond of spiders, preferably British ones who aren't nasty.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I like butterflies and bees, but not creepy crawlies. I don't follow trends just buying what I like. Cards for family and friends I try and make cards which match their hobbies and interests. With having seven grandchildren I just wish there was more crafting themes for technology, computers, gaming machines, smart phones etc. Most of my cards are C5 size or 6x6. 8x8 if I don't have to post them.
    The problem is that technology moves on so fast that something up to date now will look dated by next year. Given the lead times for design and manufacture they would pretty much be obsolete by the time they were released.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I love bees, especially the fluffy bumble bees. I also love dragonflies, butterflies and damselflies. One landed on me once down at the reservoir at Wentworth. I refused to wash my arm for three days! I'm also quite fond of spiders, preferably British ones who aren't nasty.

Roz
    I do too. Only bugs I have a problem with are flies (dirty) and wasps (angry little b's).

We used to live in a property which was between a river and a canal and dragonflies would regularly come in - some of them are huge and a bit scary to be honest. You'd suddenly be aware of a noise a bit like screwing up cellophane and when you looked up the dragonfly would be bouncing along the ceiling. I don't know whether it's true, but they're supposed to bite, so it was then a hassle to get them out with everyone in one piece.

Post Thanks / Like

That episode of Brokenwood explained Steampunk to me Borderline! Dawn Bibby was on with Steampunk dies earlier this week. I have some cut and emboss folders of gears and things and a set of Sizzix Tim Holtz gears.
    Pete Hughes has got a show next week and I will watch that for inspiration.