Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Moon by Stephanie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gallery Moon by Stephanie

Stephanie's Gallery Moon collection was shown yesterday. They said it was having an early launch, before being potd. However, it seemed to sell out even before it could BE Pick of the Day! Shouldn't they have made sure they had enough stock?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see it so I don't know what it's like, but her products sometimes have sell-outs quite quickly and then they get more stock with an extended delivery date.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t see it but things selling out so quickly is a real bugbear of mine. I get it when it’s a new supplier because they can’t be sure whether people will take to them or not. But Stephanie will be very good at judging how much stock will be needed so it’s unforgivable, really.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree they should know their customers better. But the turn over of her new products is such that if you miss out on one thing, something else (probably quite similar) will come along very soon.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was a strange one, especially when Stephanie announced on the first show no advanced orders.

Sometimes they have a POTD Early Bird but it’s often just a single show, this was a double, they probably thought as we have seamless sunday the POTD will get one less airing, But this was Saturday Afternoon this isn’t me stereotyping but football was on, so the other half’s were watching C & C.

I think they had sell outs of other items, They could have just had a generic Stock show, Glue, Paper, Card etc
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I see it as a marketing ploy - tell people there has been a sell-out (because you've actually got too little stock) and they will be clamouring for it when you get more stock in. Or am I just being cynical ;)
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I see it as a marketing ploy - tell people there has been a sell-out (because you've actually got too little stock) and they will be clamouring for it when you get more stock in. Or am I just being cynical ;)
    Yes, you are being cynical. That doesnt mean you're wrong, though.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    No, probably just telling the truth!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Cynical, but honest. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed they mention low stocks often because of the world we currently live in, but I’m not sure if that means much