Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How things have changed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default How things have changed!

Trying to free up some space on the Sky box and I’ve got lots of Aall and Create shows recorded so I’m watching an old one. Turns out to be from exactly a year ago - 29 February. I remember that day; I went to the hairdressers in the morning and out for a meal with DH’s family in the evening. Had no idea it would be the last meal out for six months or more.

The programme starts with a trailer for the Stamperama show “and we would like to invite you to come along and meet us on Sunday the 3rd of May.” Then the show starts and the guest and presenter (Abs and Alex) are standing right next to each other; their elbows are actually touching! I keep wanting to shout “Get back - keep your distance!” at the telly. It just looks wrong.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also Abs keeps coughing.

Post Thanks / Like

I know just what you mean! When all the social distancing etc started it made me feel really uncomfortable to see people up close in films etc. Your first thought is 'you're too close'!

Post Thanks / Like

It's just a year since we moved and now I know how fortunate we were to get here when we did. If the exchange had been delayed any longer I might still be living in a removal van on the M40. I still don't feel like we live here properly and do real life things, it's like being on holiday but without being able to go to a pub. I never had time to look for a job and my two areas of work - care homes and fitness centres - have been more or less closed since then.
    I think it will be a long while before we feel comfortable standing elbow to elbow with a non-family-member and if anyone coughs we will go running!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can tell how long ago programmes were made by how close together people are.
    I had to take my cat for his annual jabs last week .When I was sitting in the waiting room with 2 others, all socially distanced, I realised it was the first time since October I had been in a room with more than 1 person. I live alone, only go out for shopping and only visit my Mum, who is shielding ,once a week with her shopping.
    As you say Borderline, it will be a long time till we feel safe in crowds
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that some documentaries, and even adverts, now have small print at the bottom of the screen to the effect thathey were filmed pre-social distancing. It does make me feel uncomfortable.

Our vets are still making us wait in the car park and at the moment we can't even go in with our poor animals. I have to take Arthur this evening because he is lethargic, throwing up bile and hasn't eaten for two days and they warned me that I wouldn't be able to go in with him. He is ex-feral and won't like being in there without me. (You know it is serious when you phone to make an appointment, get told there are none because they are fully booked, then when you explain the problem they fit you in!)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about Arthur; hope it's not as serious as you/they fear.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Arthur is OK.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I had given it some thought that we might, just might be able to have a day in York this year, I've given up on going on holiday. Now they are banging on about the Brazilian version that could be doing the rounds, and that our vaccines may not be effective against it. Think I will go and find a mountain peak, a blunt one, and live there for the next few years. At least the air should be clean.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

In school classrooms children can't socially distance because there isn't enough room - although adults are supposed to be 2m away from them. No wonder that when children come out of secondary schools, where life for them has gone on much as normal, they find it hard to remember to socially distance from their friends en route to the bus stop or train station. Despite the best efforts of school authorities I predict a rise in cases once schools return next week.
    I have colleagues with infant school aged children who just can't understand why they can be in a classroom with their friends all day, but can't then play in the park with them after school - don't think I would have got it either at that age.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post