Have you notice how we all seem to need to cough now but try hold it back
    In case we get chased with pitch forks and burning torches

I remember at the beginning my daughter needed to pop to the coop
    Just down the road for milk her hubby had drank the last of it
    She had to take oldest who was 5 and youngest who was just 1
    Obviously apart from little one they wore masks
    Daughter has asthma
    She stood in the queue to get in for ages
    Got 3 people away from the door and had a coughing fit she said it’s just my asthma

The look people gave her
    She left the queue and went home in tears
    Hubby was on a late shift so would not be home till 1am
    Lucky neighbour saw her in tears as she was going out and left a pint of milk on the step
    And some time later knocked and walked away
    She had left eggs more milk fruit and a bar of chocolate
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlady View Post
    You can tell how long ago programmes were made by how close together people are.
    I had to take my cat for his annual jabs last week .When I was sitting in the waiting room with 2 others, all socially distanced, I realised it was the first time since October I had been in a room with more than 1 person. I live alone, only go out for shopping and only visit my Mum, who is shielding ,once a week with her shopping.
    As you say Borderline, it will be a long time till we feel safe in crowds
    I've had to take my two dogs to the vet on separate occasions over the last 2 weeks and they take them from you in the car park. Before they would let you into the waiting room as long as you were the only one in there. Must say I quite liked waiting outside - the last time I was waiting inside someone bought in a puppy that had been hit by a car - absolutely awful and you sit there thinking I wish I wasn't here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I had given it some thought that we might, just might be able to have a day in York this year, I've given up on going on holiday. Now they are banging on about the Brazilian version that could be doing the rounds, and that our vaccines may not be effective against it. Think I will go and find a mountain peak, a blunt one, and live there for the next few years. At least the air should be clean.

Roz
    I was going to leave a comment about a Brazilian, but I won't cause I might get thrown off lol
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean CSF, I wouldn't have understood the logic either.

Your posting reduced me to tears Jan. I know when I had the sniffles and sneezing with hay fever last spring/summer there was no way I would have tried to venture into a shop as I know what would have happened. I did wear a mask at the time too, which is more than can be said for most of Hoyland.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I've had to take my two dogs to the vet on separate occasions over the last 2 weeks and they take them from you in the car park. Before they would let you into the waiting room as long as you were the only one in there. Must say I quite liked waiting outside - the last time I was waiting inside someone bought in a puppy that had been hit by a car - absolutely awful and you sit there thinking I wish I wasn't here
    I was very lucky, I was allowed into the consulting room with my cat. They had partitioned the room with Perspex screens. Me on one side, vet, nurse and pet on the other. All the humans wore masks and there were windows open . They had obviously decide the risk was outweigh by the benefits of having the owners present during the consultation
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OUr vets were allowing one person inside the consulting room before lockdown, but when we took Arthur on Monday we had to wait outside. Poor Arthur was very ill and we had to take him back the following day. It was horrible because the second day the vet took him inside to examine him and run blood tests, but then came out to say he'd put Arthur on a drip and he would have to stay overnight at least and possibly a few days, and we hadn't said goodbye to him, just watched him being taken inside by a stranger. In the evening the vet phoned to say blood tests indicated pancreatitis so the had him on pain killers and anti-emetics, but he just wouldn't eat.

The following day I tried to be patient, but in the end I phoned and a lovely nurse told me that she had got him to take a Lick-e-Lix, but nothing else. She said everyone loved him and he was enjoying lots of scritches and fusses. Later the vet phoned to say that he was responding better, but still hadn't eaten, and oddly wasn't peeing despite his bladder being very, very full. I said that when he'd been in hospital before he had eaten and peed. That was a mistake because the vet straight away said that he would have to stay another night and they would remove fliuid from his baldder and probably the following day they would insert a feeding tube. I said no, he should come home, I was sure I could get him to pee and eat. Vet said OK so off we went to pick Arthur up.

The vet gave us very strict instructions that if Arthur hadn't peed within an hour we were to bring him back that same evening for them to do something about it. And if he peed but didn't eat overnight he had to come back the next day for the feeding tube.

Of course, once back in his own garden Arthur had a pee. And what a pee! The look of relief on his face! Then he moved and had another pee. Then another. All the while I was checking to make sure he really had peed, but the ground was wet from rain so it wasn't easy to see. Fortunately by the fifth pee I'd got myself into a position where I could crouch right down and see the evidence with my own eyes :) In the evening the vet who would be on night duty phoned to ask how Arthur was doing and to tell me to phone her if I was worried about him.

He still wouldn't eat anything. Not his favourite food, not his favourite treats, not even freshly cooked chicken (which Kev had to go to the Co-op to buy, first time in a shop since before Christmas). I set up my bed on the sofa and turned my reading light to shine on the cat's food bowls. As you can imagine I had a very restless night, but at around 2 in the morning I heard the sound of eating and it was Arthur. He didn't eat much, but it was a start. After that about once an hour he got up and ate. I was so happy to to phone the vet the next morning to let them know that he didn't need a feeding tube.

I slept on the sofa again last night and Arthur jumped up onto the sofa to curl up with me, which was a very good sign as he'd been in too much pain to do that before. He even went to sleep, which he also hadn't been able to do before.

Then this evening the vet who put Arthur on the drip and therefore saved his life, rang to make sure he was still doing OK - they really were worried about him.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, so pleased to hear that Arthur is a bit better. What these animals put us through! I hope he continues to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

My cat Stig sends lots of love to Arthur

Post Thanks / Like

Last night Arthur ventured up the stairs and jumped onto the bed so he must be feeling a lot better!

What's really interesting is how the others knew he was ill. Cherry and Pixie, the two youngsters (just one year old) usually include him in their games of tag and rough and tumble, but from the moment he started to act unwell they left him alone, no attempt to play. Since he came home Cherry has washed him several times, and Pixie once, and they've both got close to him to sleep. It's very sweet because they are so young, but still have an instinct to look after him.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor wee thing, I hope he continues to improve. Kate and Alan lost their dog Bonny a few weeks ago, she too had pancreatitis. She also had cancer, which was too severe to operate on. They were allowed into the vets with her thank goodness. They took her home, complete with diet sheet and medication. She passed over the rainbow bridge in Kate's arms on Alan's birthday.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog