Thread: Hochanda Prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hochanda Prices

I rarely look at Hochanda, because we have Virgin television so I have to watch on my computer. However, I wanted to see the new Daisy Chain designs so I had a quick look this morning. I noticed the new IndigoBlu box magazine was the special of the day. I could not believe the price - reduced to £21.98 plus p&p if you are not a Freedom member. I have just bought the same magazine from Craft Stash for less than half that price and they deliver magazines for free. Normal price is £12.99, but if you use the discount code MAG10 you get 10% off. If you buy two magazines and use the code MAG20 you get 20% off. Delivery is fast too - often next day.
    I did wonder if there were extra dies or stamps, but as far as I can see the products are identical. I realise that the prices reflect the cost of the TV exposure and demos, but that does seem a very high mark-up to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Hochanda have 2 bundles for the box magazine. I can’t remember what the extra items are at the moment. I watched for ideas as I received the kit Friday (I subscribe) so wasn’t interested in the sales pitch. I find both channels bump the price up when selling magazines and box kits. It never bothers me that I’ve missed out on the extras by subscribing as the prices are always so inflated.

Post Thanks / Like

just had a look at both sites, and the only thing that I can see which is different is the A6 geo circle stamp set. But maybe I have missed other extras.
    I too use craftstash, although even they dont have the same bargain prices that they used to have on their older magazines. Their prices do also go up and down.
    Years ago I read that the tv channels (C&C?)1 take about 60% of the price for themselves, so that doesnt leave much for supplier. That could be why often items sell out as the supplier may only be prepared to sell at that price for a limited amount of items. But the shows will give the suppliers exposure, and in turn they may get customers buying directly from them
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is right. I was buying stuff from Daisy Chain before they were on Hochanda. I still go direct to them when I want to buy something, but as they demonstrate on TV I will have a look at their new items. I have spoken to the owner of the company at shows and she told me that she prefers people buying direct as she doen'ts have to pay commission to Hochanda on those sales. As their HQ is not far from me I also get my goods faster that way - and a nice handwritten note thanking me for another purchase!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I once said to Phill Martin at a show that I'd had to buy from his website because Hochanda had sold out. He laughed and said "Works for me!"

The other day a presenter said "We're down to single figures", but the "Limited" band didn't come up for a few minutes, which means that less than 10 items was more than 10% of the stock! If we are generous and say that it was only just under 10 items and only just over 10%, i.e. 9 items=11% of stock, it means that 100% would only be 81 or 82 items!

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some Marianne dies from Hochanda a while ago. The shipping container was apparently lost in transit or something so I had a refund. Thought I would try buying them elsewhere. Several UK retailers stock them but they were all more expensive than the Hochanda price. There was another Marianne show on Hochanda this week and the dies were on so I've ordered them again. Fingers crossed that they arrive this time! Several other things I've looked at from other suppliers and Hochanda has been cheaper (but conversely other things were cheaper elsewhere.) It varies tremendously.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have bought from Daisy Chain Designs and Dandelion Designs, never can tell one from t'other, at Harrogate. Now when I see something I like on Hochy/C&C I go to their websites and buy direct, usually the same price, but with cheaper postage.

The same applies to Meg Evershed at The Nutmeg Company and Rowandean. All seem to have a flat postage rate that is cheaper than buying from selly telly. Not that Meg is on very often, twice a year at most. Unfortunately Rowandean don't always have the latest stock online, but if I keep pestering them, it does happen eventually. :) Hmm, maybe I ought to have a look see in case there is anything I have missed. Like I need anything new!!! Just before last C******** I spent over £100 on their website, so postage was free. :)

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog