Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paula Pascual

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Surrey but only twice in 47 years has anyone sussed I wasn't born here. Once was a builder about 6 years ago the other time was in February when the Tesco delivery man said you are originally from Liverpool aren't you, I was well impressed !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    Presenters have the added problem that they are speaking to us the viewers, to the guest and at the same time are being bombarded with info from the gallery. Cannot be easy - I couldn't do it.
    Presenters should be able to do it though, it is the job that they applied for, got picked for, and are being paid for.

The problem that I find with Paula is that she is a very good when demonstrating, she explains things calmly and clearly, but she is not very good when presenting, talks too quickly, babbles on, doesn't finish sentences just shrugs and says 'y'know'. I don't watch when she is presenting but happily watch when she is demonstrating.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was carted off to the hospital after the accident the chap checking my BP and all the rest of it said we didn't sound as though we came from these parts. The same when I went to see one of the consultants about my cataract. He was from Greece and remarked that he was tuned in to various accents, and I was definitely not from Barnsley. Lived in the Barnsley area since 1969, but refuse to speak like the natives.

Kate is the same, apart from the first five months of her life she has lived in the same area for most of her life. She did have a couple of years in Milton Keynes, followed by another year or so in Doncaster. No doubt Keith speaks like a native Welshman by now! He picked up a Geordie accent while in the army, despite being a Geordie myself, all six months of it, I needed subtitles. I could understand Simone with her German accent better than I could Keith.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog