Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paula Pascual

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paula Pascual

Now I have the upmost respect for Paula, as a crafter and an artist. I mean no offence but boy, do I have trouble understanding her. Especially when she gets excited and is told to talk faster - as with most TV shopping chanels get their presenters to do these days!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish Paula was allowed to craft more. When she worked for Sizzix she was very inspiring. I have several sets of her stamps.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Met her demonstrating at several fair/workshops. Was really good at those, explained everything clearly. But on TV I tend to switch her off because she talks so fast. Must be a Spanish thing - the Spanish teacher at school is just the same when she gets passionate about something!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I wish Paula was allowed to craft more. When she worked for Sizzix she was very inspiring. I have several sets of her stamps.
    Same here. The projects she made for Sizzix were fantastic.

I can usually understand her just fine but one time she was on with Abs from Aall and Create and the combination of their two different accents meant I couldn't attune my ears properly to her accent so struggled to understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Just been watching Paula demo The Elizabeth Crafts ODS. She had her Tonic die cutting machine, water spray and brush to hand. It’s refreshing to see the crafters not restrained by what they are selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Just been watching Paula demo The Elizabeth Crafts ODS. She had her Tonic die cutting machine, water spray and brush to hand. It’s refreshing to see the crafters not restrained by what they are selling.
    It always makes me laugh when anyone from Sizzix demos - they're stood there with a small box or basket of kit and then you have other demonstrators who arrive with 27 tote bags and the kitchen sink.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing with accents is that most of us find it easier to understand the ones we are more exposed to and which are more familiar to us. You can be speaking the same language but because people pronounce the same words differently, we dont always recognise them very easily. In addition to the regional variations I find that some people mumble rather than speak clearly.
    Presenters have the added problem that they are speaking to us the viewers, to the guest and at the same time are being bombarded with info from the gallery. Cannot be easy - I couldn't do it.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with lioness about reginal accents. I was watching a documentary about Liverpool and had to have the subtitles on
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlady View Post
    I agree with lioness about reginal accents. I was watching a documentary about Liverpool and had to have the subtitles on
    Weird that, I have no problems with Liverpool accents, but give me a one from Wombwell, which is less than five miles away, and I need subtitles. I had the same problem when we were less than a mile from Wombwell, so 50+ years haven't made it any easier. I'm ok with a Barnsley accent, which is about six miles away from where I live.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

We were on a train in Perth, Australia, when the man opposite suddenly said to us - 'It's years since I heard a Kentish accent.' We may live in Kent now, but I come from NW London and DH grew up in Essex and we don't think we have anything but Estuary English accents. Turned out the guy was from Sevenoaks and had emigrated - small world.
    On that same trip we stayed in a B&B in a remote country town. The couple who ran it had lived in Oz for about 30 years. The wife sounded like a native, but the husband had a Geordie accent and sounded like he had only just stepped off the boat.