Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How much to charge?

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like a very successful event. Well done!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    What lovely parents you had LJ!
    Oh they were
    They put everyone else 1st
    Mum was 7th of 9 children , 6 girls 3 boys

But everyone came to mum and dad for help
    3 of my cousins were as mum would say where “in the family way “before marriage
    And they told mum 1st so she calm the waves
    She was no means a softie rules were rules
    My dad was not so bad and being his surprise little girl
    8 years after my brother after mum was told after a difficult birth with my brother
    She could not have any more children
    Mum struggled with various illness’s
    But carried on
    She fractured her pelvis and refused to sleep downstairs with a commode
    She would get my dad to carry her upstairs good job she was tiny ,sge would bum shuffle down stairs

I remember when mini skirts came in my
    Mum would not let me wear them or make
    up not even nail vanish
    I was about 14-15 I was out with my mates
    They wore very short skirts and make up
    I had rolled my skirt up but still at a acceptable length
    And had lipstick on
    My dad saw me on the way home from work
    Pulled over a said get in
    I though oh no I’m for it now:eek3

He said you look like a clown with a rubber ring round your waist ( all the fabric rolled up)
    He had a word with mum
    And it was agreed I could have my skirts above the knee not down to my calf as mum had insisted

Dad painstakingly took up all my clothes and took them in so they were not shapeless sacks

Mum agreed I looked much better
    But still said no makeup
    and I stuck with that till I was 17 only wearing it going out in the evenings and later for work
    My daughter will be 35 this year and only wore make up for her school prom and her wedding
    She has beautiful skin and looks about 12 lol
    Mum taught me house hold things and if you can’t afford to pay cash then you can’t afford it ,

Dad taught me gardening decorating and how to wire a plug
    He taught my daughter too
    He has been gone 22 years but when I am stuck with something I am doing I can still remember his voice saying don’t give up walk away for a while and try again

Don’t get me wrong I loved my mum to bits but I think the father daughter bond is totally different

Sorry gone totally off topic
    One of those days
    Last edited by Little Jan; 25-04-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Dont apologise for going off topic. Its nice to read these things.
    Must say the clown with a rubber ring did make me laugh out loud
    Lovely memories ...

Post Thanks / Like

I down have the rubber ring back lol
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    It was a beautiful day for the town open day and people had over 50 stalls around the town We had 4 in the churchyard, so it was like a mini market. A friend is clearing her aunt's house, as she has had to go into a care home. She discovered stacks of unused greetings cards, which she was selling for 50p each. But people were happy to pay £2 for mine. The 3 for £5 meant I sold more than I expected (a great idea) and I made about £100. We styled the 2 stalls Primark and Gucci, and people were happy to buy from both.
    Lots of people really like my cards, but didn't have an occasion to buy for. However, I had made some business cards and they took those, especially as I make cards to specific requirements. We are having a plant sale on 22nd May and I'll sell some more at that. Need to make more birthday cards as I only had a few left by close of play yesterday!Attachment 7347 Attachment 7348
    So pleased it went well and the weather stayed fine for you
    Hopefully you will get plenty of private orders
    Sadly I can’t see the pictures that well
    Linking via the forum only gives a small image

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done CSF, that is a goodly amount to make. Hopefully the plant sale will bring even more for your very worthy cause. :)

Must admit I haven't worn makeup since stopping work. Didn't wear much then either as I had to crawl out of bed so early to get to Leeds. Two hours each way tends to make one appreciate a few extra minutes in bed!

I agree with your mum about not being able to pay in cash, though I must admit I do use my bank/credit card a great deal as one can't pay for stuff online with cash. I used my credit card to pay for my glasses, but paid all but £155 off the card that night. Paid the rest of it on Friday evening. The money was available, but I didn't want to take it out of any of the other savings accounts.

I hadn't expected to have to part with quite so much money, but in the end it was worth it as all three pairs are perfect. Anywhoo, the card is now paid off, although at the moment I only have the magnificent sum of 71 pence in that particular savings account! Thankfully the others three and the current account are considerably healthier. I think I owe about £1.70 on the account I use for my Tesco groceries, but that will be cleared when I pay for this weeks shopping. :)

I have a saying similar to your dad. If at first you don't succeed, give up and try again later. It works nearly every time. My mother always told me it was rubbish, that practice makes perfect, so I should keep trying. Well I know which works for me, and I'm sticking to it.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Well done CSF, glad it went so well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Well done CSF, that is a goodly amount to make. Hopefully the plant sale will bring even more for your very worthy cause. :)

Must admit I haven't worn makeup since stopping work. Didn't wear much then either as I had to crawl out of bed so early to get to Leeds. Two hours each way tends to make one appreciate a few extra minutes in bed!

I agree with your mum about not being able to pay in cash, though I must admit I do use my bank/credit card a great deal as one can't pay for stuff online with cash. I used my credit card to pay for my glasses, but paid all but £155 off the card that night. Paid the rest of it on Friday evening. The money was available, but I didn't want to take it out of any of the other savings accounts.

I hadn't expected to have to part with quite so much money, but in the end it was worth it as all three pairs are perfect. Anywhoo, the card is now paid off, although at the moment I only have the magnificent sum of 71 pence in that particular savings account! Thankfully the others three and the current account are considerably healthier. I think I owe about £1.70 on the account I use for my Tesco groceries, but that will be cleared when I pay for this weeks shopping. :)

I have a saying similar to your dad. If at first you don't succeed, give up and try again later. It works nearly every time. My mother always told me it was rubbish, that practice makes perfect, so I should keep trying. Well I know which works for me, and I'm sticking to it.

Roz
    My hubby either doesn’t bother or makes a hash of it
    Then I get the Janice (no one calls me that but him or my mum if I did something wrong) can you sort this out
    But he is brilliant with finances and anything electrical bless him

Post Thanks / Like

We are holding a plant and cake sale in the churchyard next Saturday and I am selling cards again. A lady who bought some from me last time suggested selling cards with packets of seeds in - so I've cross stitches a poppy and some sweet peas to make cards which are keepsakes and put in a packet of seeds. I'll charge £5 for those and see if they sell! TBH the time spent making them is worth much more, but I enjoyed it and I was using up odds and ends to make them.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it all goes well