Thread: My April swap received

Post Thanks / Like

Default My April swap received

I thought my swap for April deserved a thread of its own. Grab a cuppa as there’s a lot of photos!
    It’s from Pink Pig and she’s made me a stunning book.
    I don’t know if you’ve just got to know me PP and what I like or whether it was pot luck.
    I know the book was cut using a new Paula Pascual set of dies. I’ve followed Paula’s career and blog since the very early days when her blog focussed on other people’s craft rooms and storage ideas. It was a great choice!!!
    The first two photos are of the front of the book both with the twine tied and without it to show the paper and seed head die cut. The die cut is from gold mirror card and the camera has struggled to get the colour correct.

First two pages. Each of the three flaps lifts up and all have ‘spring’ papers. The second page has a ‘jam jar’ filled with flowers. The silver mirror card makes it look like the jar has water in.

Next two pages. The bird cage is cut from a rose gold textured card – possibly Tonic Craft Perfect?

Then there’s a page with bird images and washi tape that has bird eggs on. And a pretty foliage frame with a little bird inside.

This is the middle two pages. I’m continuing what my late husband started by feeding the garden birds and I also love cats so these pages are my favourites. The craft card bit in the middle of the two pages is what holds the pages together without the need for a spine that most book dies have.

Next two pages with the gold die cut seed head again and more bird designs.

Then there’s two pages of really pretty papers joined by two butterflies.

Last two pages – but not the least! A really pretty pink paper adorned by a butterfly strip. And Pink Pig’s signature image!

Finally the back cover has more bird images that imitate postage stamps.

I really, really love it PP - I keep going through it and seeing new things. I hope my photos have done your work justice – thanks so much!
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

OMG that is amazing! So much work and thought has gone into it. Something to treasure and keep going back to.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    OMG that is amazing! So much work and thought has gone into it. Something to treasure and keep going back to.
    So very true BL. I've been very lucky to be PP's swapper this month!

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you liked it PJP. The Paula closing system means you can take pages out to work on them or add extra pages or change the order they are in the book. You can get a different look by how you layer up the pages against each other , changing the shapes. I discovered that even using kraftcard the little mechanism was more effective if I glued several together for strength. I knew you were a Paula and Tonic fan! The other dies are a mix of Sizzix and Tutti Designs. Pink Pig is a Dawn Bibby die. My favourite pig die is the tiny Alexandra Renke die I sometimes put on the back of my crafting but this project needed something with more impact! It was a great chance to use Graphic 45! It was a great opportunity to show you how grateful I am for the encouragement and support you have given me since I became a crafter and joined in your ATC swaps.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    .............It was a great opportunity to show you how grateful I am for the encouragement and support you have given me since I became a crafter and joined in your ATC swaps.
    That's made me cry! But thank you.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. What a wonderful creation and the sentiment behind it all. Thank you both - for the book itself and for the great photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what an amazing book/journal.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is amazing
    I have one or 2 of Pink Pigs book type creations
    From memory one was a travel theme
    Off to have a look in my swap box
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: