Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterlily's Beautiful Cards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    I have been so tempted to buy some of the carnation craft dies that Pamela uses but there are so many to choose from
    And for me they are a considered purchase
    So will have to wait a while and work out what set I would make most use of
    Sitting on my hands so I don’t browse on their site
    Which makes typing this a bit difficult
    Wait until they have a sale or discount code Jan - I'll let you know if I get one. You can get 10% off every order by using the first 3 letters of the month followed by 10 so currently MAY10 and next week JUN10 but they regularly have even better discount events. I don't have to buy the collections as a whole as you do from C&C, Carnation sell the individual dies. The vignettes are also offered as one free colourway but you can buy a full set of (I think) 5 colourways. So you are able to build a collection slowly. They do a lot of different flower related topics as well as a full range of 'mice' doing different activities.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    And that stitching is beautiful on PJP's card.
    Thank you Victoria that's really kind of you.
    I have a very dear friend who has recently started doing stitch designs on her cards so I asked where she got the patterns from. They're called Stitch and Do from Add Some Sparkle, they're the type that you count the holes (for example 5) and put your needle through the fifth hole then bring it up in the second hole and down again in the fifth hole (so hole number 6) and so on. I bought a couple of full kits which include decoupage sheets plus one set that's just the pricking templates.
    Walerlily's card was my first attempt and I used different coloured thread to the pattern so that it would fit in with the colours of the Carnation Crafts bird. The instructions are pictorial and tiny so I took a photo and increased the size in Craft Artist - much easier to see now! The patterns are fairly easy to do but you have to concentrate - or at least I do!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use stitching cards for my stitched cards
    I downloaded them but forgot to save them
    And due to the length of time since I used the site my purchase designs have been deleted
    But I have just remembered I have loads of Avec prick and sew metal stencils
    Must give them a go
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Thank you Victoria that's really kind of you.
    I have a very dear friend who has recently started doing stitch designs on her cards so I asked where she got the patterns from. They're called Stitch and Do from Add Some Sparkle, they're the type that you count the holes (for example 5) and put your needle through the fifth hole then bring it up in the second hole and down again in the fifth hole (so hole number 6) and so on. I bought a couple of full kits which include decoupage sheets plus one set that's just the pricking templates.
    Walerlily's card was my first attempt and I used different coloured thread to the pattern so that it would fit in with the colours of the Carnation Crafts bird. The instructions are pictorial and tiny so I took a photo and increased the size in Craft Artist - much easier to see now! The patterns are fairly easy to do but you have to concentrate - or at least I do!
    It's such a delicate look but crisp and clean too. I think it's the kind of card that you send someone who really understands the work that's gone into it - like the swapees here!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    It's such a delicate look but crisp and clean too. I think it's the kind of card that you send someone who really understands the work that's gone into it - like the swapees here!
    I know Waterlily does cross-stitching which is why I included stitching on my card. Not that I'm claiming my stitches to be as neat as WL's!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crikey PJP I think your stitching is fabulous. Mine wouldn't have been anywhere near as neat.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Crikey PJP I think your stitching is fabulous. Mine wouldn't have been anywhere near as neat.
    Thank you but I think we'll call it a draw LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've ever done cross stitch on card - lots of stitching on cards but I don't remember doing any cross stitch.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I tried cross stitch on card but it did not work out too many holes lol

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: