Thread: Silhouette Cutters Connection Problem After Windows 10 Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silhouette Cutters Connection Problem After Windows 10 Update

I found this morning my Cameo 3 would not connect to my computer after the latest Windows 10 security update. I read an online news article that there was a security problem with the 'printer spool'.

I was given this solution and it worked for me uninstalling KB5004945.

"Windows updates are causing BIG issues with machine connections....
    And it is hitting user's out of the blue... one minute it will connect and the next it does not and nothing brings it back.

If you are experiencing connection issues with your Silhouette machines, check for these Windows updates under Settings > Windows updates - (KB5003690) as well as \KB5004945 and 21H1are causing major issues. If you have those updates.... many are rolling them back and getting it to connect again.

Please understand I'm not telling you to roll it back, just what has worked for many users and why this is happening. At the moment, if you have connection issues there is no fix with the current Windows updates. But they are working to find one....

Please share this with those users who are experiencing connection issues.... this is not something that Silhouette has control over and is trying to figure out how they can work around this new massive update from Microsoft.... but software companies do not release this information to companies prior to it's release so it is a "wait and see" how it is affecting users... these updates by Windows are causing major issues."

Post Thanks / Like

The latest is Microsoft has resolved the problem. A quote from Silhouette US.

Microsoft recently pushed a Windows 10 Operating System update (version 21H1) that had removed the ability to successfully connect to a Silhouette machine. This issue has now been resolved by Microsoft. If you had not been able to connect to your Silhouette machine in light of a recent update, please restart your computer. The update should be patched upon restarting your computer. In some cases, this may not be fully rolled out to all users until July 10th at 8:00am Eastern Time.
    If you had previously rolled back the most recent Windows update, you may reinstall it at your convenience.
    You will not, as previously stated, need to wait for an update for Silhouette Studio
    I had the Microsoft update last night.

Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting because I wanted to make two cards Friday evening, and it wouldn't connect. I followed the instructions given after pressing 'help' and it took about half an hour to sort it out. I thought it was just my machine!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar problem with my email. Had to roll something back, can't remember what, but it wasn't Windows. It still has the odd hissy fit, but at the moment so are TalkTalk. If it isn't one thing, it is another. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog