Thread: Having a problem with the Big Shot Plates.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Having a problem with the Big Shot Plates.

Me again lol.

I got the new plates for my Big Shot machine a while ago but I'm having trouble getting the combination right. There is a diagram but it shows a thick black plate (I don't have one but have a thick white plate). Tried putting the white one where it shows the black but with that combination it won't go through the machine. Tried lots of variations but still no good The set of plates is fairly new so thought they would work. Any help please.

The plates I've got are thick white one, 2 thinner clear ones, a clear blue one with two bev.elled edges and a smaller white one.

The clear ones have got die images on them so I know they have been used somewhere lol.

Will take a picture.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

The smallest, square, plate looks like something I had for the Wizard machine. I've never seen a Big Shot base platform (the one with writing on) like yours.
    Last edited by pyjama princess; 12-07-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have a black metal plate for my Big Shot. You use it for intricate dies (they've now changed it to chrome). You use it instead of one of the clear cutting pads
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a look on youtube and they put one of the clear plates on top of the big plate then the die and then the paper then the other clear plate. Will try again tomorrow. On another one they put the paper on the clear plate then the die upside down then the other clear plate.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I have a black metal plate for my Big Shot. You use it for intricate dies (they've now changed it to chrome). You use it instead of one of the clear cutting pads
    I didn't get a metal plate with the set I ordered Deefy.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Still can't get it to work. The plates wind through very loosely, no grip at all. Tried a couple of extra bits of card but still no grip.
    I love flowers