Thread: Cricut Heat and Press

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cricut Heat and Press

I am doing a lot of iron on vinyl cutting with my Cricut to decorate bags and T shirts and am considering buying a heat and press as I have only got a very basic iron. I don't really want to have to store another large, electricity guzzling machine, so I am considering buying the mini version from John Lewis, particularly as I have been given a voucher.
    Has anyone used one? The reviews are very good and the Cricut video says that if you are only going to buy one machine for occasional use that would be the one to go for as it is more versatile.
    Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can’t help with that
    I hardly use my cricut or expression mainly as I don’t have space to use them
    But I got an email today from hobby craft showing the heat and press ,I was not sure what it was lol
    Seems expensive £50 for the smallest one
    I am not sure how it works and if a basic iron would do the same
    I bought a little 8 inch travel iron that I use for pressing when I am hemming up my clothes had it years (being knee high to a grasshopper) it gets lots of use lol
    You can pick up a Russell Hobs one for £12.99 on Amazon
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I've got irons, which do a reasonable job. I think that the heat and press works at the optimum temperature for iron on vinyl constantly. The reviews on several different websites I read seemed to say it was more efficient than using a normal iron.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post