Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xcut problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xcut problems

My xcut has given up the ghost
    I use it for large dies like my cracker dies and box dies and my A4 embossing folders use my little bug more as I have limited work space
    Had a fancy lace envelope die I wanted to use to put in gift cards for Nieces engagement and she also wants me to do her favour boxes for her
    Tried to run it through the xcut but the plate went half way through
    And then shot back
    On googling it says the cogs have gone but I can’t find replacement cogs and machine has now been discontinued
    Has anyone else had problems if so could you get replacement cogs?
    Or recommenced not too expensive A4 machine
    Last edited by Little Jan; 11-11-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened with my Grand Calibur. I shook it and it went tinklecrunch. Teeth had sheared off the cogs and there's no fixing that.

I have a Tonic Tangerine and it has been used and abused for years with no problems. As long as I line the plates up correctly going in it cuts everything I ask. Came with 3 plates and rubber mat for embossing and although the cutting plate is looking well worn there is no sign of bending or anything like that. Bonus is the Grand Calibur plates are exactly the same sizes, and it's my favourite colour. I don't think it's particularly cheap, though.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The first X-Cut I had I returned to the Range for a replacement. One of the metal cogs had broken I could just see it through a gap in the casing. Not had a problem since but I don’t use it a lot since buying electric machines. When it gives up I’ll buy a Tonic Tangerine as I’ve never seen a bad review for it.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby is taking apart
    I can’t really afford to pay out for an expensive machine after £700 in vets bills
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Well it’s the handle cog that has broken well all the cog bits have broken off, found a place online that does them but in stronger steel £26 including royal 2nd class tracked
    Hubby said a mate of his does all sorts of metal work he has just gone to see him to see if he makes cogs

If he can he will will get a full set of replacements done
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Well it’s the handle cog that has broken well all the cog bits have broken off, found a place online that does them but in stronger steel £26 including royal 2nd class tracked
    Hubby said a mate of his does all sorts of metal work he has just gone to see him to see if he makes cogs

Sounds promising Jan. I'm sure the mate will will be able to come up with something.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post

What a lovely hubby!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the man could not help as he did not have the machine to do them he is more into making gates and railings etc now
    So I ordered the part online as it states they are stronger than the original parts
    If the cog is ok I will order the other spares too

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hardly ever use my GC, really only for dies that hurt my wee bug. The Tonic Cracker die, and the larger basic square/oval/rectangle/round dies. Not that I have many of those, so it doesn't get used very often.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I had an XCut I was very happy with. Only problem was that the biggest Sizzix dies didn't fit, so I bought a large Sizzix machine in a Black Friday sale. Have passed XCut onto a friend with young children, plus lots of dies I no longer wanted and she has got a lot of use out of it making things with her children. Hope it stands up to the wear and tear!