Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been having a tidy up in my craft room

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been having a tidy up in my craft room

Been having a tidy up and found 5 of these in one of the drawers, I've got absolutely no idea what they are for any ideas please? They are all exactly the same and the silver things each side turn
    saying that the outside bit doesn't lol.

https://imgur.com/a/ukg2TMg

Nothing else moves.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Is the silver wheel a blade? Looks like it might be for cutting fabric??? But if so, why would you buy 5 of them?

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't a blade Mitzi that bit doesn't go around. There's a much thicker round bit of metal that goes around on the other side of the thin bit. There's another bit like that on the other side further down. My thinking was that they came as a set of 5. I must have thought they were useful !!!!!!!! I'm also wondering if something else goes with them but I think I would have kept them together.

I've found loads of stuff that I can't remember what to do with lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

What does it say embossed into thetop 'handle' bit?

Post Thanks / Like

Just made in China Pamela.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

https://imgur.com/u2X9Ezd

Another pic that shows the wheels not a very good picture and it'supside down as I couldn't get it to stand up the other way.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Well you have me baffled Pam
    Could it me some kind of scoring tool
    Maybe hubby will have any idea , could it be something of his that got put in your craft room?
    When my hubby was sorting his HUGE fishing stash( makes my craft stash look small)
    I found my missing small scissors and a full set off lock and lock from QVC that went missing when we moved here in 2015
    He had not used them so I took them back
    He must have about 40 assorted boxes already unused
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. My first instinct from the first photo was that it was a cutter.
    But from the second photo I wonder if it is some sort of stretching tool.If the rollers turn, then presumably you can wind something around them, and pull on the handles??
    If you were working in a square, you could possibly need 5? One pulling in each direction and then a working tool. Still no idea what it is but that might explain why you have 5 tools
    Have you tried or considered any other hobbies at some time? I know I have bought stuff before as I've seen things being demonstrated and thought it would be nice to try something new, and then haven't used the products.
    Agree with LJ that it may be worth asking hubby in case it's something he might use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Well you have me baffled Pam
    Could it me some kind of scoring tool
    Maybe hubby will have any idea , could it be something of his that got put in your craft room?
    When my hubby was sorting his HUGE fishing stash( makes my craft stash look small)
    I found my missing small scissors and a full set off lock and lock from QVC that went missing when we moved here in 2015
    He had not used them so I took them back
    He must have about 40 assorted boxes already unused
    Don't think so Jan nothing on it to score with lol. Wouldn't think they are hubbies. Just asked him and he said they aren't his and couldn't think what you could do with them. I'm assuming that big oval bit is a handle.

I can't understand why there are 5 of them.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

They are 'scissors' for cutting wrapping paper in a (relatively) straight line. They take some getting used to, but once you hit the sweet spot
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post