Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been having a tidy up in my craft room

Post Thanks / Like

Well done juzzab!
    Just did a search and found a similar one on Amazon called a Slice rotary tool, but Waterlilys one is also on eBay if you look for Rolling scissors. Apparently also suitable for cutting wallpaper.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you juzzab but how on earth do you use them?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Got it now lol. Wouldn't like to use them for anything precise though lol.

I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juzzab View Post
    They are 'scissors' for cutting wrapping paper in a (relatively) straight line. They take some getting used to, but once you hit the sweet spot
    I have one of those lurking about somewhere, at least I did have. Couldn't get on with the thing though.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a metal clothes hanging thingy with shelves at the side in my craft room. I put all my ribbons on the clothes hanging bit and on the shelves I've put plastic bottles and tubes etc and a few other bits and pieces. Went to tidy it up and see what I've got there and a lot of the plastic stuff had disintegrated and cracked in my hands - lost about 6 pieces also some of the metal spray cans had seized up.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I used to keep knitting stuff in plastic supermarket bags. When we were moving I had a sort out and found several of the bags had disintegrated, looked like a load of snow in the bottom of the drawer. :( They appear to last a lot longer these days. That probably doesn't please the anti plastic brigade, but tough, at least I am not throwing them out.

Earlier in the year I went to Hoyland for a few bits and bobs. Had I known I was going to bring plants home I would have taken some plastic bags with me. Anywhoo, four lots of plants, so she put them in four bags. Went again the following week, but took the same bags with me. Called in when I went to collect my new glasses, reused two of the bags. Two were used to take stuff down to the fluffit/woofit shop, will use the other two when I have more stuff to pass on. As the bags were still usable, the shop would have reused them for their customers. Maybe they are still doing the rounds, who knows. ;)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I used to keep knitting stuff in plastic supermarket bags. When we were moving I had a sort out and found several of the bags had disintegrated, looked like a load of snow in the bottom of the drawer. :(

Roz
    Ha ha! The same happened to me. Except my 'snow' landed all over the carpet. An absolute pain to clear up as the bits were full of static

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    Ha ha! The same happened to me. Except my 'snow' landed all over the carpet. An absolute pain to clear up as the bits were full of static
    Ah yes, some of mine ended up on the carpet too, the vac soon sorted it all out though. :) 'Himself' always empties that, so I don't know if he had any problems with it.

The really thick plastic bags Tesco supplied in the early days of Covid seem to last well. Used one this morning, as good as the day it came with my order. They went on to the cheaper ones after a few weeks, but they seem to be holding their own as well.

One of the stall holders in the market has a sign to say they have to charge for plastic carrier bags. Dunno how true that is, but Keith didn't say anything when he offered me a bag for my goodies this morning. Not that I accepted one as I reckoned the Tesco bag would be ok. Didn't realise just how heavy the card blanks are, though I should know by now. Should have put that lot in the Super Saver fabric bag, and the stuff I bought from Boyes into the plastic bag. Better still, I should have taken two fabric bags!

Roz