Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Embossing with a light box

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go Pam on ebay
    Joy! Crafts Decorative Chalks Applicator Tool Set
    £2.69 + £1.00 postage
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Opps should have checked Lioness already posted it lol
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    Waterlily, have a look here
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261958491415

is that what you were after?
    This may not be the best price etc, I did a search on 'applicator for chalks' and several came up

Also try 'chalk applicator with pom poms'
    Thanks Lioness, I've ordered a couple of packets well 4 so they should keep me going for a while. I'm having fun colouring them in with chalks lol.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a light box years ago from QVC and never used it. Also two of the boxed chalks with the pom poms Dawn raved about. Then hubby me bought four Woodware boxes from The Paper Mill shop before it shut down. I tried to use them but failed miserably, could not see any effect.

Post Thanks / Like

I ve got a small light box and a few boxes of chalks languishing somewhere in my stash. Think the company was Pebble inc.?
    I think there are a few of us who need to dust off those boxes containing stuff which were all the rage at the time, but which we haven't used for ages.
    In my case it's lack of inspiration or probably motivation. Too much stuff and not enough oomph to do anything with it.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I should definitely have a light box somewhere - I had a proper photographic one as I was into photography (slides) at the time. Haven't seen it since I moved house. It may be in a box in the garage but the lock on the garage door has broken and we can't get in there! A locksmith friend of my DH was supposed to be coming to see if he could fix it this week but so far no sign of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and I never bought the chalks when they were popular as I thought I could just use eyeshadows, but I was never really successful with them. I did get sucked into buying Mica Magic when John Lockwood brought it to Hochanda a while ago, which is basically the same thing. I have used them, though, so that's OK. I don't know what these pompoms are that you are all talking about; I got some sponge finger daubers for the mica magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree with you there Lioness
    I am sitting at my craft table that is set up in the small conservatory
    Trying to think of a card to make for my Nephew who has just got engaged they are both 20
    I have all my stash out all over the floor, looked at cricut cartridges
    Nope think the designs are not suitable for youngins
    Daughter said use the die I made their anniversary card with
    Its Creative expressions Turtle dove die
    I think it’s meant for Christmas but has different corners you can use and you can make the snowflakes look like flowers
    Now the dilemma what colour
    I tend you use centura pearl cardstock for bases but not sure what colour to use with the die
    This is what I made for daughter and her hubby

I used a bronze/pink card added a 2p coin with the date they got marrried as it was their bronze anniversary

I don't have any of that colour left
    So any suggestions on colour I would be grateful
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Oh and I never bought the chalks when they were popular as I thought I could just use eyeshadows, but I was never really successful with them. I did get sucked into buying Mica Magic when John Lockwood brought it to Hochanda a while ago, which is basically the same thing. I have used them, though, so that's OK. I don't know what these pompoms are that you are all talking about; I got some sponge finger daubers for the mica magic.
    Lol Mitzi I bought eye shadows too
    I have cosmic shimmers water colour paints,micra powders, luminarte paints, cosmic shimmer iridecent pigment powders most still sealed as I had no idea what to do with them might have a play and use them in the August card swap,I feel sorry for who gets my card
    I did get them free when I won a card making competion along with alot of other stuff back in
    2006ish so long ago I am not sure what company I won it from,it was near where I lived in Ely and Joanna Sheen Sharon Duncan and Nancy Whatts(not sure of spelling) did demos there I think it was called Calico crafts but it's long gone now

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the pompoms - you picked them up with some kind of tweezer. They sold them in the Craft Barn in Lingfield, but I didn't invest in them as I preferred brushes. I bought the cheap chalks from DoCrafts, but never had much success with them.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post